New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

photo browser?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

colmcb

colmcb is on a distinguished road

Hi everyone - I am brand new, both here on the forums, and to Mac. I just made the switch literally a day ago. Needless to say I am overwhelmed but have been playing around and have learned a ton of things already.

Ok - I am a blogger and use a lot of photos. In Windows I used Nikonview as my image browser (I think that's what you call it - I am not a technical person at all). All of my photos are in Nikonview, organized in folders, and I "rename" each photo that I am going to use on my blog. Now, with Mac, I need to find a good program (preferably free), that is somewhat similar.

When I go into Pictures, I see all my photos there as I have already uploaded them all, but I literally have thousands and it's hard to find anything.

I tried to play around with iphoto but can't even figure out how to import photos into it! And I can't seem to figure out how to create photos to organize them, etc.

Is there a good photo browser to download that would keep everything organized, where I can rename individual photos to upload onto my blog, etc? I'm really confused.

Thanks so much for any help.
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

It really sounds like iPhoto is what you want. Since you say that you're having some issues figuring it out, take a look at some of the videos here.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
colmcb

colmcb is on a distinguished road

Vansmith: Thank you so much for getting back to me so quickly. OK, I will definitely look at the videos and hopefully it's what I'm looking for.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Install theme to print photos | How library system works in Mac »