New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

complain

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

sudhir09

sudhir09 is on a distinguished road

I am feed up with I phone and its customer Representative, especially apple store in metro town, bc, canada.
Battery and speaker of my old iPhone 4s was not working.
I went to apple store in metro town, bc,canada on 28th September.
As my phone was out of warranty period I was asked to pay 150 dollars for battery change and speaker.
or i was given option to have NEW phone and pay 200 dollars for that, in return they will keep my old phone which is about 1.5 years old. I emphasized if I am getting NEW PHONE, the guy ( BRENDON,I think)said yes.
I took phone back home and find out the WiFi is not working. I came back again to them.
Since then they have given me four phones, all having some problem, what they say new phone.
Today, 16th October I came back again with the NEW phone they gave to me, with battery problem.
I missed my telephonic interview call. I missed my work. I am frustrated their products and their services.
And even manager was not of much help. She just gave me lame excuses.
And she told its not new phone but re-assembled phone.
which was actually new phone as told by the other guy who served me.
So resale value of iphone 4s is about 300 dollars but my phone need battery and speaker costing 150 dollars( according to them.
so 300- 150 is 150 and add 200 i paid to them so total is 350 dollars and by adding 100 dollars more i would have got new iPhone 4s instead of resembled iPhone plus they took my old phone as well.
I would have opted for selling my phone rather than giving to them and getting their so called NEW phone.
which I have already exchanged 3 times. they gave just 90 days warranty with that. they knew that phone will not work for long period. Had that happened after 90 days, I would have to pay again from my pocket.
but this time I was so frustrated that i have given their phone to them and haven't taken my 200 dollars back as well.
This is my experience with so called giant and reliable company APPLE.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Just in case you do not know, we here have no connection with Apple at all. You can post your experience, but if you want Apple to know directly, go to their forums or give them a call.

Sounds like you had extremely bad luck. I have never heard of that many issues with any iPhone leave alone that many different iphones! What store is this? Apple Store of Phone store.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

I can't seem to find "metro town" on a map of BC ...
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
I can't seem to find "metro town" on a map of BC ...
Come on Chas your search skills are better than that! Here's what I found (first hit on a Google search):

Mall Information | Metropolis at Metrotown

OP put a space in "Metro Town"...it's really one word "Metrotown". With the Mall's name being "Metropolis":

"With nearly 400 stores and services, Metropolis at Metrotown is British Columbia's largest shopping centre."

- Nick

p.s. Here it is on Google Maps:

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?gl=U...6972c08afa7d57

- Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Hey Metropolis! Does Superman live there? Sorry had to say it! Grin
QUOTE Thanks
Dogbreath

Dogbreath is a jewel in the roughDogbreath is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: mid 2010 Mac Mini OS 10.6.8 (SL), 2.66 GHz C2D, 8GB RAM, 30 in. Cinema Display

I understand your frustration and I regret you have not resolved the iPhone issues. But I need to remind you that you did not have "experience with so called giant and reliable company APPLE"...rather you have had experiences with a local Apple Store in metro town, bc, canada. Contact Apple directly to get results and complain, if necessary. On a personal note, I have had two service issues with my Mac. The Apple Store in Southpark Mall, Charlotte, NC was very professional, courteous, and resolved my Mac's issues. I sincerely hope you get your problem resolved.
QUOTE Thanks
Exodist

Exodist is just really niceExodist is just really niceExodist is just really niceExodist is just really nice
Mac Specs: L2012 Mini, i7 2.6Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD(fusion), dual 23" Samsung LED Displays

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhir09 View Post
I am feed ............
Is this an Apple Store?? or a place that sells phones and phone plans?

If you are having this bad of an issue with customer service and devices with them, chances are it could be happening to others. I would email their parent company as well as Apple and the Canadian equivalent to the better business bureau.. They could be sticking it to others as well to make a personal profit. Sad to say..

Most of the rest of us have had good experiences with their apple products. I personally wouldn't let one crooked store discourage you about Apple.

Exodist Photography on Youtube
Lightroom, Photoshop video tutorials and more...
***If someone helps you, please don't forget to use the reputation system.***
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

"Metrotown" is not the name of the city this mall is located in.

It's in Burnaby, a suburb of Vancouver.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
"Metrotown" is not the name of the city this mall is located in.

It's in Burnaby, a suburb of Vancouver.
You are of course the expert in this geographical area...since it's right in your backyard.

The confusion was (as I understand it up above in post #3) you said..."I can't seem to find "metro town" on a map of BC ..."

No disagreement what city it was located in...the issue was you couldn't find it! So it was found!

- Nick

- Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iTunes with multiple devices | Going to VietNam »