New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Setting default page & text colors in Word 2011

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

flapisking

flapisking is on a distinguished road

I'm using Word 2011 and I'm not sure what's happened, but I can't fix it! My background color and text color have all of a sudden changed to a pumpkin color. It's now been applied to all documents. I've tried everything I've read and I can't change it back. So far, the easiest way I've found to see the text is to choose "elegant" from the styles menu, but that's not a good solution. How an I get a white background with black text back? I have no idea how this happened and I can't fix it. Help!
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

What has probably happened is you applied a theme to your Word 2011 and then somehow accidentally saved the theme to your "Normal Template". Which means each time you open Word to create a new document, the theme will be part of the document.

Tell us which version of OS X you're running so we can try to get rid of that theme and the bad template.
QUOTE Thanks
MacShane

MacShane has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Gen1 15"MBP-R 2.3GHz i7, 8GB RAM, OSX 10.9.2

Word automatically applies holiday colors??? That's friggn' cool! I wish Pages did that! So next it will turn brown and orange, then red and green... Balmer's not doing such a bad job, after all...
QUOTE Thanks
toMACsh

toMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to all
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core 2 Duo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacShane View Post
Word automatically applies holiday colors??? That's friggn' cool!
I don't think all the kinks have been worked out, especially for the 4th of July. The red and blue show up ok, but not the white.
QUOTE Thanks
MacShane

MacShane has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Gen1 15"MBP-R 2.3GHz i7, 8GB RAM, OSX 10.9.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by toMACsh View Post
I don't think all the kinks have been worked out, especially for the 4th of July. The red and blue show up ok, but not the white.
LOL.
Shhhh...I don't think we're helping here...
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Running out of ideas. Imac keeps shutting/restarting | Compressing Jpegs on mac OSX »