New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Where did my icon snap go? And Track Pad sensitivity?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

cashpoor

cashpoor is on a distinguished road

I came from Windows 7 about two months ago. Purchased a new MacMini and never looked back.

In my discovery mode of learning how to explore all the features and Apps I discovered the icon snap feature. After checking the box my desktop icons lined up nice and straight, now any new icons I add will not snap like the others. I have tried to find that feature but have failed. I would appreciate someone showing my where the snap feature is hiding.

One other question I have, is there a way to adjust the sensitivity of the touch feature of my magic Track Pad?

Thank You!
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Right click an empty spot on the Desktop > Sort By > Snap to Grid. That will fix the "snapping" that you're looking for.

Sensitivity of the trackpad how? If you're looking to change the speed, go to System Preferences > Trackpad > Point & Click. There's a slider in there to change the tracking speed.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
cashpoor

cashpoor is on a distinguished road

Thanks, vansmith.. You were spot on!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« imac and mac mini | ICal alert help »