New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

two windows

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

bernardc

bernardc is on a distinguished road

My daughter will repay a loan each month. To receive the money, her bank sends to me a verification code via e-mail which I must enter in the bank's window which must be open simultaneously with my e-mail window. How do I set up 2 windows side by side so I can toggle between them. The system does not work if I close my e-mail window and go to the bank's window
QUOTE Thanks
MacInWin

MacInWin is a splendid one to beholdMacInWin is a splendid one to beholdMacInWin is a splendid one to beholdMacInWin is a splendid one to beholdMacInWin is a splendid one to beholdMacInWin is a splendid one to beholdMacInWin is a splendid one to beholdMacInWin is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 2011 MBP, 2008 iMac, iPhone 5S, iPad mini, 13" MBP and MacMini

What Mac? What OS? What browser? What email system? We need a few clues to help here.
QUOTE Thanks
m4a1

m4a1 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: i5,500Gb,8Gb

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardc View Post
My daughter will repay a loan each month. To receive the money, her bank sends to me a verification code via e-mail which I must enter in the bank's window which must be open simultaneously with my e-mail window. How do I set up 2 windows side by side so I can toggle between them. The system does not work if I close my e-mail window and go to the bank's window
I think you need to enable pop up blocker on your browser.
If you use Safari,you can enable pop-up by going to Safari>Preferences>Security>
Un-check Enable Pop-up windws
QUOTE Thanks
Oneironaut

Oneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really nice
Mac Specs: 21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB

If you're using webmail, just open the Safari web browser and go to your email website. Open the mail message, then click the "+" (plus) symbol near the top right of the Safari window. This will open up a new tab where you can open the bank's website. Now you can click back and forth between the two tabs.

Or you can open the mail message and move and/or resize the window to fit on one side of the screen. Then from the menu bar up top, click File>New Window, go to the bank's website and move and/or resize the window to the other side of the screen. Now you have two windows open at once. This is also what you do if you're using a mail client like Mail on your Mac or Outlook.
QUOTE Thanks
bernardc

bernardc is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacInWin View Post
What Mac? What OS? What browser? What email system? We need a few clues to help here.
It's imac 5,2 mac OS X version10.6.8 firefox browser gmail
QUOTE Thanks
MacInWin

MacInWin is a splendid one to beholdMacInWin is a splendid one to beholdMacInWin is a splendid one to beholdMacInWin is a splendid one to beholdMacInWin is a splendid one to beholdMacInWin is a splendid one to beholdMacInWin is a splendid one to beholdMacInWin is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 2011 MBP, 2008 iMac, iPhone 5S, iPad mini, 13" MBP and MacMini

I don't have FF, but there are two ways to go: 1. Look at the top menu bar to see if there is a command in FF to open a second tab. Open gmail in one tab, the bank in a second. Then in gmail highlight what you need to copy and unr Cmd-C to copy to the clipboard. Move to the bank tab, get where the code needs to go and Cmd-V to paste it in. 2. Use the same Cmd-C to copy to clipboard, then open bank URL and paste with Cmd-V. Even if the gmail is closed, there isn't any way for the bank URL to know, so that should work, too.

If you must have two windows, see if FF top menu has a way to open a second window, then resize them to fit. Use Cmd-C/Cmd-V to copy what you need.
QUOTE Thanks
m4a1

m4a1 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: i5,500Gb,8Gb

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardc View Post
It's imac 5,2 mac OS X version10.6.8 firefox browser gmail
Press Command+ T to open a new tab or Command + N to open new window.

P.S.Command key is the key on left of space bar on your keyboard of imac.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Can someone explain the Memory usage to me | Google Drive »