New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Macbook Pro A1226 Display

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

sugardog1950

sugardog1950 is on a distinguished road

Hello,
I'm looking to replace the display on a Macbook Pro A1226 and would like to know what displays are compatible with my build. The cracked display part number is LP154WP2 TL A1. There appears to be multiple displays release with the A1226 and I just wanted to know what my options are in terms of compatibility.

thanks in advance

~cheers
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Personally I would stick with the exact same replacement part.

Even though it may appear that the same exact display was used across multiple models/multiple generations of the MacBook 1226...unless you can compare them side by side to insure perfect "exactification" (how do you like that word)...there may be small differences that may make them incompatible.

I know that this is not a perfect answer...especially if you're shopping on e-Bay (or somewhere similar)...and are trying to get the best deal possible.

I do a lot of repairs on the many computers I have & purchase broken or partially operable...and I usually try to stick with exact replacement parts...so there are no surprise compatibility issues.

If you want to do some further research...so you can cross reference part numbers vs. computer models...these websites may be of some help:

- Powerbookmedic
- iFixit

If you find that the same exact display part number is used over multiple MacBook models...then you should have the compatibility info you need.

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Pages 09 | Offline Installation of OS X »