New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

I just synced my Ipod

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

david2005mac

david2005mac is on a distinguished road

where did all my music go I fear i lost it its taken me yrs to get all this ugh pls help.....also I have the iMac all in one not sure how to scroll...I know sounds funny but ???
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

We will need to know a bit more about exactly what you were doing when everything went wrong. Tell us as much as you can about what you were trying to do and what happened.

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks
david2005mac

david2005mac is on a distinguished road

I plugged my Ipod into my new iMac it asked to sync I said yes it said it would remove my songs from my ipod but I thought they would be on my mac and now ipod empty and no songs on my mac
QUOTE Thanks
MightyGem

MightyGem is a jewel in the roughMightyGem is a jewel in the roughMightyGem is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. White MacBook, 10.8.5. iPhone 3GS.

In that case you've lost all your songs. It did warn you. Syncing does not transfer music from an iPod to a computer. Your songs will be on the computer that you originally synced your iPod with. If you still have it, just resync your iPod with that computer.
QUOTE Thanks
Oneironaut

Oneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really nice
Mac Specs: 21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB

Did you transfer your library from your old computer to the new iMac? iPods only sync from the computer it's connected to to the device. It doesn't transfer from the device to the computer (not without a hack at least).

Once you transfer your library to your new iMac, it will sync to your iPod.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« MacBook Pro and printer won't play nice HELP? | Second time's a charm »