Unhappy Should I wait for the new Macbook Pros to come out?
    I leave for college in about two weeks and I really want to get a Macbook Pro before I leave, but I've been advised by some to wait until the new Macbook Pros come out. I don't want to deal with transferring files, getting comfortable with macs, etc., when I'm trying to settle in. But if you guys say it's worthwhile, I'll wait. What do you think?

Fort Worth, Texas
    27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    The new MacBook Pros are expected sometime this Fall and that's only speculation because Apple does not announce refreshes ahead of time. And since we really have no idea of what advancements the new models will have, if you need a MacBook Pro now for school, it may be best to buy a current model.

The rumors are the new MacBook Pros will have the Intel Haswell chipset along with the newer GPU, the HD 5000. (Same as the current MacBook Air machines have.) That means a longer battery life and faster graphics.

15-inch 2014 Retina MacBook Pro, 2012 Mac Mini, 160GB iPod Classic, iPhone 5
    It really depends on what you need in a computer. If you are studying photography then waiting would be worthwhile. For almost all other uses the current MacBook Pros are plenty fast.
    "It's got to come from the heart, if you want it to work."
    Guy Clark

Light Craftsman website

2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    Quote Originally Posted by allisonb15 View Post
    But if you guys say it's worthwhile, I'll wait. What do you think?
    The only way to know to wait until new MacBook Pro's are released. Apple almost never announces the specs & prices of upcoming new we don't know what the new models have until they are actually released.

Changes could be minor (just a cpu "speed-bump")...or major (a new cpu model, new gpu, new design, etc.). We just don't know until the new models are released.

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

Thread Information