New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Problem with iTunes and purchased content....

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jt1968

jt1968 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15" Retina, 8GB RAM, 250GB SSD, Intel i7 2.3GHz.

Before I made the switch to Mac, my iTunes library was located on my Win-doze laptop. I connected my iPhone 5 to the new MacBook, and synced the music, and the phone's music content was erased, and replaced with the iTunes library I copied over to the Mac. No problem, until I looked through the fresh music on my iPhone, and found that a few "albums" I purchased through the iTunes Store are not there - I can see the song names, but they're gray, and I can't touch the screen and download them again.

I'm a newbie with Mac, so I'm probably missing a setting or something. Any ideas as to how I can re-download my missing purchased content?

TIA for any info!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
iPhone 6 Plus 64GB / MacBook Pro 15" w/ Retina Display (2012)
QUOTE Thanks
jt1968

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
You probably need to "authorize" the Mac to play your purchased iTunes content, which would I'm guessing solve the sync issue. You can authorize up to five machines in your household to pay content associated with your iTunes account.
The Mac is authorized to play my purchased content, and the songs that are grayed out and missing on my iPhone are present and playable in iTunes, so for some reason they didn't sync to the phone.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Are those items not checked in iTunes and your sync preferences set to sync only checked songs?

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
jt1968

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtomay View Post
Are those items not checked in iTunes and your sync preferences set to sync only checked songs?
The songs are checked, and preferences set to sync only checked songs.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« copying e-mails to DVD | Format email »