Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    innereye
    Hey, Hey, Hey...My New Mac is on its Way!!
    I'm so excited I just can't sleep. I just ordered a brand new shiny Dual-core 2.0GHz G5!! It's not the fanciest G5 I know, but compared to my current 700MHz PC it will be like night and day. GOODBYE WINDOWS!!! In fact that thing might just GO....out the window!!

OK, that's all. I just wanted to share my excitement and announce my official conversion to the mac! I feel like Eddie Murphy in Coming to America..."I am very happy to be here!" Now (because I don't have the funds of Eddie Murphy) I am off to bed....to wake up early....to go find a job....to pay for the bill....that comes with the mac....that replaced the pc....that caught a virus....that caused the stress....that forced the switch to the computer that Mac built!!!!

Yes, I know that Apple built it, but I couldn't end it with "the computer that apple built" now could I?

Ok...I need sleep!!

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Cool, kick *** computer

Specs:
    rMBP (Mid-2015), 2.8 Ghz i7, 16GB DDR3, AMD M370X Gfx, 1 TB SSD
    Congrats on your new machine. Having once been in a similar situation, I can safely say that you're in for a treat!

And yes... this IS the house that MAC built!
    "Luck favors the prepared"

innereye
    Thanks Guys!! It should be here tomorrow!! I feel like a kid on Christmas eve! I could wait until tomorrow, but I'm curious if someone could tell me what is "OmniGraffle and OmniOutliner" for?

innereye
    uh.. I hope my original post wasn't too obnoxious, I'm just very excited to get rid of my pc and jump into the mac world!!! I'm not sure why I ever bought a pc to begin with??

I am on day 7 of my waiting for my iBook, still hasn't shipped yet

BoingoBongo
    I just got my new iMac today and I love it. I can't believe what a great computer it is! I know you'll love yours just as much.

innereye
    Did you get it from Mac Mall? That's where I ordered mine from and to be honest I didn't have the greatest experience with their customer service. They were friendly and all, but there was a problem with the order and I only found out by calling them 5 times and talking to 5 different people. It was eventually straightened out, but I was starting to get a little frustrated.

I ordered from Apple, when I ordered, it was said to be in stock, but it isn't scheduled to ship for another week. I am tempted to just order from Amazon instead, it will cost a bit more but I really don't feel like waiting anymore. My laptop sleeve, that I ordered the day after my iBook, arrived today .

innereye
    That surprises me. I originally wanted to order directly from Apple but a friend suggested MacMall and after seeing their promotions I just couldn't pass it up. I got a free wacom tablet (probably low end) and a free printer and a 1GB ram upgrade. I really wanted that imac, but it doesn't leave much room for upgrades and I don't want to buy another computer for years to come. I hope I made the right decision, I spent countless hours researching. Not to mention I wasted a lot of time looking on ebay but I kept coming across scam after scam so I just bit the bullet and ordered a new one.

BoingoBongo
    Quote Originally Posted by innereye
    Did you get it from Mac Mall? That's where I ordered mine from and to be honest I didn't have the greatest experience with their customer service. They were friendly and all, but there was a problem with the order and I only found out by calling them 5 times and talking to 5 different people. It was eventually straightened out, but I was starting to get a little frustrated.
    I ordered directly from Apple. Great experience! The only snag was that I had to order with a family member's credit card (my debit card didn't have a high enough limit). I wrote a check and used their card, and when my AppleCare plan came it was in their name and not mine. It's totally understandable though. I already talked to Apple and can call back as soon as I can pry myself away from my new computer to get it tranfered over. Kinda funny actially.

I ordered another iBook from Amazon today, I'll keep whichever gets here first ....maybe both

welcome to the white side...
    A Mac

Specs:
    12" iBook 1.33
    I got my iBook from Amazon a few days before Christmas. Shipping was almost immediate. The iBook arrived in only 3 days. The best part of the deal is after a $100 rebate I only paid $799 for it with no sales tax. I highly recommend Amazon if you don't need to customize.

have fun with your Mac! I am.

Specs:
    1.25Ghz Mini, 512MB, 40GB
    Sure it may not be the best machine around but HOT ****, that's a good machine. As the apple website says, "Welcome to digital nivana"

Thread Information