Printing to a Windows 7 shared Printer

Unhappy Printing to a Windows 7 shared Printer
    I am having a very hard time getting my 2006 Macbook running Snow Leopard to print to my Kodak ESP 3250 printer that is shared from my Windows 7 PC. I have tried the LPD settings as suggested by Microsoft and tried using the PC IP address for the address to the printer rather than the PC name. Neither of these worked. When I had it set up as the Generic PostScript Printer Driver on the Mac, it would send the print job to the printer, but then an error would pop up on my PC saying that the printer may need attention. The printer had the message "printing" with the progress bar working, but it would not print. When I use the Kodak driver, I get an error on the Mac that it won't communicate with the printer. Super frustrated and about to do away with the Mac. Just bought a Mac Mini that I'm going to return to Best Buy if I can't get this to work. Any suggestions? Perhaps a different driver for the printer or something.

Specs:
    iMac i5 2.7GHz, 16GB memory, OS 10.10.5
    If you look at this link about firmware and drivers states will work with powerPC G4. That may be the problem. Lexmark for one just keep stating 'compatible with OS X.4, X.5, X.6 etc' and not updating drivers since Tiger.

KODAK ESP 3250 All-in-One Printer Firmware - MACINTOSH Operating Systems
    Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!

Well, that stinks. One thing that I was able to do to make it work was to share it with an Airport Extreme, but then I couldn't use the scan function, which completely defeats the purpose of having a multifunction printer. So, I bought an Iomega Printer Auto-sharing switch, so I could hook the printer to my PC and the Airport, but then neither computer would print to it.

Is it easier to share a printer from a mac to a pc?

Specs:
    iMac i5 2.7GHz, 16GB memory, OS 10.10.5
    Stinks particularly when a PowerPC G4 cannot even run OS X.6, X.7 or X.8.
    Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!

Quote Originally Posted by EverettH View Post
    Is it easier to share a printer from a mac to a pc?
    What I meant was is it easier to share a printer connected directly to a Mac and have the windows pc print to it?

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    You will drive yourself mad trying to connect to this shared via a Windows 7 machine, though it may be easier to go the other way around, given that Windows can dynamically shift output to different ports. Even still, it's not a terribly straightforward process, particularly since Kodak is mostly defunct and therefore driver support (and support in general) is pretty much ended.

A better bet would be to just purchase a printer that has built-in networking. This way you needn't have a machine turned on at all times acting as a server and you can print to it from any machine in your household.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Thread Information