New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Qr codes with information about......

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Rnscomp

Rnscomp is on a distinguished road

Hello everyone i am a noob at this and i hope that this make sense to everyone.

I am trying to make my office paperless and we are now at the point were i am trying to get qr codes for all my equipment and inventory. I have been looking for a app on the app store to help me take all the information down from a pic off my ipad or iphone.

I am currently looking for a app that i could buy to make my own qrcodes so that i can implement. (Equipment name, Equipment number, Lic Plate, Tire size, Type of Fuel, ext.) i have seen many eq softwares but have not been able to find the right software that i am looking for.

I want something that i can print out as a sticker so that i can label all my equipment. I am hopping that it will work good with the iphone/ipad and that i have an app that i can go into to make it easy as possible.

If there is anything that anyone could suggest that would be great i will greatly appreciate it thank you..
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Are you looking to make QR codes on your iOS device or read them? If it's the former, you might be better off using a web based tool - there are a whole collection of them and most are free. If it's the latter, there are plenty of ways to scan QR codes. There's this app for instance.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Personal Twitter
QUOTE Thanks
Rnscomp

Rnscomp is on a distinguished road

Thank you for your input. I am trying to create my own so i can keep track of my own equipment. I want to take a pic of the qr code and i want it to send me the information i plugged in. I want to make the stickers off my Mac book so that i can print them and then i want to be able to scan them with an iphone or ipad.
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rnscomp View Post
I want to make the stickers off my Mac book so that i can print them and then i want to be able to scan them with an iphone or ipad.
As I said, you can use one of many web based tools to create QR codes. There are lots of them (see here, here, here and here for example). Complementing this are a whole host of QR scanners in the App Store.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Personal Twitter
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mac Outlook Problem | Why does my mac keep freezing? »