Specs:
    mac laptop OS X, ver 10.5.7
    need to delete FF browser
    I just downloaded the latest FF updates and the browser hasn't worked right since. It keeps telling me it cant do something (I'm not sure what) with my last session. I've tried everything I can think of following FF's instructions - no luck. I want to delete the old, updated, reset and everything else browser and start fresh.

I have never deleted a browser on any of my Mac's. I wasn't sure where to look for simple basic instructions, so am starting here.

I have a laptop with OS X 10.6.8

Thanks in advance
    Jann

Specs:
    2008 15" MBP Yosemite, 2012 21.5" iMac Yosemite
    A Time Machine backup would be the fastest and easiest way, but judging by your post I'm guessing you don't have one.
    64GB iPhone 6, 64GB iPad Air 2.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.

Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OSX10.11, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OSX10.11 , iPad Air, iPhone 3GS
    If it's just the browser itself drag it from Applications to the trash and empty. If it's something in the preferences, you would have to either manually delete them or use a program like App Delete which should zap it all for you.

Specs:
    2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)
    Quote Originally Posted by jannAZ View Post
    It keeps telling me it cant do something (I'm not sure what) with my last session.
    It would be helpful to know what this is. Can you relaunch it and let us know what it says?

Quote Originally Posted by jannAZ View Post
    I've tried everything I can think of following FF's instructions - no luck.
    What did you try?
    Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
    M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
    Writing a Quality Post

Specs:
    Dtravis - Thank you! That's exactly what I was trying to determine. I know you drag unwanted documents to the trash, but wasn't sure deleting a browser worked the same way, or where to find what I was supposed to drag.

Rox - thank you. I have the capacity, but setting it up looks way too complicated for me

Vansmith - I know that was pretty vague, but by the time I posted here, I couldn't begin to remember everything I had tried. When I tried to get the message to come back up, of course it would't. I made it go away by setting FF to "not remember" my browsing history. That was worse than having that message appear (and I still can't recall word for word what it said) so I re-set to "to remember", thinking I could live with the message until I could de-install FF. The funny thing was, it appears to have corrected itself. Which makes me wonder if it was FF itself having problems, rather than my browser????

The one good thing that came of this was that I learned how to export my FF bookmarks to Safari. Woo hoo.

Thank you all for trying to help.
    Jann

Specs:
    2010 Macbook - OS X 10.9 - iPhone 4s - iPod - iPad
    A Time Machine backup would be the fastest and easiest way, but judging by your post I'm guessing you don't have one.
    Rox - thank you. I have the capacity, but setting it up looks way too complicated for me
    Buy a external HD and with disk utility format to Mac OS extended (journaled) Job done.

Plug it in and run time machine, have a look here.
    Mac Basics: Time Machine
    Attached Images Attached Images

Specs:
    FWIW, I looked at Mozilla this AM and it turns out my problem, a screen that comes up "This is embarassing. FF is having trouble recovering....etc etc." IS a FF problem which will "be addressed in future updates"
    Oh, yeah? Thanks a LOT, FF and Mozilla. Why didn't you check before you released a faulty update????
    Anyhow, thanks, guys for trying to help.

Thread Information