New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

macbook pro trackpad problem

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

skenned

skenned is on a distinguished road

I have a macbook pro 5,4 with mac OS X vers 10.5.8, 2.53 htz processor core 2 duo with 4 gb 1067 htz DDR3 memory.

I've had it for several years. trackpad stopped working after a couple years. Actually the cursor works, its just the click enabler that does not work. have to use a mouse.

Just trying to find out why and if I can fix.

thanks
QUOTE Thanks
skenned

some additional info to my trackpad question:

I have gone into trackpad settings and changed the click and double click options several times and other parameters to no avail.

I have tried to update OS software and driver software to no avail (maybe I didn't get the right version?).

I have done searches and have seen that trackpads do seem to have problems, both hardware and software related.

So, if there is a method to determine mechanical (hardware) vs software, maybe a good step by step procedure is appropriate.

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

If your trackpad is anything like mine, the click still works -- but only if you click it in JUST the right tiny part.

My solution to this was to change left-click to tap and right-click to two-finger tap. Works perfectly.
QUOTE Thanks
skenned

Thanks Chas_m , I'll give it a try.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Program starting at login | facebook contacts on iphone problem »