New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Right click share option

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Jason 45150

Jason 45150 is on a distinguished road

I just got a new Macbook Pro and I noticed when you right click on the mouse there is a "share" option. Its very similar to the PC's "send to" option. The question I have is can you add places to the "share" option? I have a Skydrive I use for school and would like to use this as a option in the share menu. On my old PC you can add things to the send to folder, can you do this on Mac too?? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
Thank You
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

You can't add to the options, but the developer can.
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.9, iPhone5s, iPad Air, AppleTV2

SkyDrive would need to offer a Services plug-in to to that.

Also, because SkyDrive is based on shared folders you can't just send something to SkyDrive from anywhere. It has to be moved of copied to SkyDrive monitored folders or you'd need to supply an online destination for the file i.e. one of your online only folders.

You could write an Applescript or Automator function to copy or move a select file(s) to a nominated SkyDrive monitored folder and attached a hotkey to that. That's possible and would acheive a similar result

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Outdated Panther os x problems! | iMac Shutdown »