New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Cannot open Microscoft Outlook

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Samantha4

Samantha4 is on a distinguished road

I am using a MacBook Pro and Outlook 2010. 3 days ago I could not open my Outlook. I have rebooted multiple times. When I click on the Outlook icon it bounces a couple of times, but it will not open. There is not error message that accompanies this. Does anyone know who to fix this? I am desperate to get this back up and running again!!! Thanks so much in advance.
QUOTE Thanks
JohnCL

JohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: -->

Have you tried the database utility to see if there are issues there?

2.4GHz 13" rMBP 256gb | 2.5GHz Mac Mini w/ FusionDrive | Mac Mini Server 2.53GHz | Dual 2.0GHz PowerMac G5 | 24" ACD | 32GB Verizon iPhone 5S | iPad 32GB Verizon LTE | iPad mini 16GB | Gen 7 Nano | TV1 | TV3
QUOTE Thanks
Samantha4

Where would I find the database utility? Sorry - not so tech savvy...
QUOTE Thanks
JohnCL

JohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of light

If you did a full install of Office 2011 you should have a "Microsoft Office 2011 Other" folder in applications. Within that folder you should have Microsoft Database Utility. Run that against your mail database. The database is more than likely named "Main" and it should pop up when you start the utility.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2013-04-01 at 9.40.18 AM.png (127.5 KB, 29 views)
File Type: png Screen Shot 2013-04-01 at 9.40.31 AM.png (56.5 KB, 29 views)

2.4GHz 13" rMBP 256gb | 2.5GHz Mac Mini w/ FusionDrive | Mac Mini Server 2.53GHz | Dual 2.0GHz PowerMac G5 | 24" ACD | 32GB Verizon iPhone 5S | iPad 32GB Verizon LTE | iPad mini 16GB | Gen 7 Nano | TV1 | TV3
QUOTE Thanks
Samantha4

Thank you I found the folder - could you please describe to me how I would run that against my mail database? Would I click on Main Identity and "rebuild"?
QUOTE Thanks
JohnCL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha4 View Post
Thank you I found the folder - could you please describe to me how I would run that against my mail database? Would I click on Main Identity and "rebuild"?
Yes, click the identity and choose rebuild.

QUOTE Thanks
Samantha4

Thank you very much for your help! It solved the problem. You saved my day!
QUOTE Thanks
JohnCL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha4 View Post
Thank you very much for your help! It solved the problem. You saved my day!
Excellent! Glad it all worked out for you.

QUOTE Thanks
kiweee

kiweee is on a distinguished road

Just want to say thanks JohnCL, I was at a loss at what to do with the bouncing O and your post solved the issue perfectly!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Nano originally synced to PC-what will I lose? | Email in Time Machine »