New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

ical - trying to keep my sanity

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

carpoolqueen

carpoolqueen is on a distinguished road

Hello everyone!

Here is my problem. I am running OS X 10.7.5

I often sign up for various webinars / seminars that allow you to click the link and have it automatically add the class info to ical. The problem is... sometimes you want to remove the webinar / seminar from a date for a variety of reasons, and it doesn't seem to allow you to do so since you "add to your calendar" link from the hosting party website (gotowebinar or google+ hangout or gotomeeting for example). How do I remove various events from ical when you click on it and it does not allow you to "CUT"?

Thank you in advance for your help... new to this group (first post) and using this laptop.
Carpoolqueen
QUOTE Thanks
Poolman

Poolman is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2010 imac, 2011 13" mbp

When you highlight the event can you not go to edit in the toolbar and select cut or delete? I don't use ical but just tried it as a test and seemed to work
QUOTE Thanks
carpoolqueen

Hello Poolman - I just tried that and a popup window appears that states:
You can't change events or reminders in Geneawebinars, Online Meetings, & Hangout calendars. You can't change items in calendars you subscribe to.

Bummer! I don't want to unsubscribe to the calendar, just delete one of the meetings every other week that is scheduled.

Thank you for helping / trying! Any other possible ideas?
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

You are subscribed to their calendar, they control what appears on it.

You could easily create your own version of their calendar tailored to your needs and unsubscribe from their calendar.
QUOTE Thanks
carpoolqueen

Thank you both for your help. I think I am going to just have to unsub from that one calendar and then manually put in over 100 future seminar dates - just so I can change them if necessary. You would think it would be easier... but not my luck this time! Have a great holiday both of you!
QUOTE Thanks
MacInWin

MacInWin is a splendid one to beholdMacInWin is a splendid one to beholdMacInWin is a splendid one to beholdMacInWin is a splendid one to beholdMacInWin is a splendid one to beholdMacInWin is a splendid one to beholdMacInWin is a splendid one to beholdMacInWin is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 2011 MBP, 2008 iMac, iPhone 4S, iPad (Retina), 13" MBP and MacMini

If the seminars are on a regular schedule, you can create one repeating entry in iCal. You can repeat every week, or customize to any regular schedule. I have two such session, one weekly, one bi-weekly.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Switch to Mac - questions, questions | Password Container that supports local synch? »