New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

external hard drive from Windows PC

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Balasundaram

Balasundaram is on a distinguished road

I am brandnew to MAC. As my Windows PC's mother board failed, I removed the internal hard drive and put it inside an exclosure and made it an external hard drive. I need to access the files - music, photos, documents etc. in my macbook pro and move the files over into my Macbook.
When I connected my ext hard drive to an USB, message came back that it was not closed properly bla..bla.. I an unable to eject it properly and reconnect. It went on a few times.
Could someone help me.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Do you still have access to a Windows computer? Since the drive is likely formatted to NTFS, your Mac can not do disk or permissions repairs to it. If you can attach it to a Windows PC, run check disk (chkdsk.exe) on it and allow it to make repairs if necessary. Then try again.
QUOTE Thanks
Balasundaram

Balasundaram is on a distinguished road

Thank you for your suggestion; I just now connected the ext drive to a windows PC and accessed the files; before that when I clicked on properties it said that the disk is working well; then I accessed some itunes folders and copied to an USB key. It is working now. So there should be some other problem. If you can, let me know something different which might be better.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« SCSI adapter for dual 1.8 G5 OS10.5.8? | First Mac »