New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Microsoft Office 11 & Mountain Lion

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Cocos_Karen

Cocos_Karen is on a distinguished road

Hi All.

I have just managed a successful migration from a very sick Mac running Snow Leopard to a "new" refurbished one that is running Mountain Lion. However as I'm going through my various programs, I'm finding several don't work any more or won't opn. My biggest challenge is Microsoft Office 11!

This is the error message I'm getting:
Microsoft Word cannot be opened because of a problem
Check with the developer to make sure Microsoft Word works with this version of OS X. You may need to reinstall the application. Be sure to install any available updates for the application and OS X.

Click Report to see more detailed information and send a report to Apple
If I need updates, I'm not sure how to access them when I can't open the program.

Any assistance / advice would be appreciated

Cheers - Karen
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Adobe apps and Microsoft Office (and some other programs that install bits in a lot of different parts of a system) tend NOT to be restorable from a non-clone backup. Luckily, the solution is easy -- uninstall the program and reinstall it, both from your Microsoft Office DVD.
QUOTE Thanks
Cocos_Karen

Cocos_Karen is on a distinguished road

Thank you so much for such a quick response Least it is an easy fix and I am capable of doing that LOL
QUOTE Thanks
toMACsh

toMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to all
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core 2 Duo

When do you sleep?! (assuming that you are in N. America)
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

I often ask myself the same question!
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4 and OS X.10

Take ityoundo actually mean Office 2011 and not say Office X or Office 2004 which was known as version 11. Office 2008 and Office 2011 are the only versions that will work with Lion and Later. There was an Office 11 released by Microsoft for PC's only back in 2002,

Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Printer issues | MacBookPro »