Thread: Track Pad

Track Pad

Specs:
    iMac 21.5" 2.5 i5 8G RAM OS X 10.10.3 (12C60)
    Track Pad
    Does the optional track pad (say, for an iMac) exactly mimic the actions of a built in track pad on a laptop?

Track Pad
    Specs:
    27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3
    Yes..the stand alone trackpad is essentially the trackpad from the Macbooks..so same clicking, gestures and all that..
    --
    Regards
    ...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.

Track Pad

Specs:
    iMac, late 2012 model, 21"
    And it's awesome.

Track Pad

Specs:
    iMac 21.5" 2.5 i5 8G RAM OS X 10.10.3 (12C60)
    Thanks. I'm just wondering if I should get one. I do like a lot the mouse, but everyone says the pad is so much better. I only have experience with a pad on a Toshiba and could never get used to the the wrist staying in one place and had to resort to a mouse due to pain, so maybe I ought to think twice.

Track Pad
    Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.7.5
    Quote Originally Posted by dotdotdot View Post
    Thanks. I'm just wondering if I should get one. I do like a lot the mouse, but everyone says the pad is so much better. I only have experience with a pad on a Toshiba and could never get used to the the wrist staying in one place and had to resort to a mouse due to pain, so maybe I ought to think twice.
    What's kind of nice about the Magic Trackpad...it you can use it like a remote control of sorts with your iMac (and other Mac computers). What I mean is...you can sit back in your chair (away from your desk top)...and control the computer just from the Magic Trackpad.

This is the reason why I originally purchased my Magic trackpad. I also got it "lightly used" for $40 bucks a couple years ago.

Of course you can do this with a wireless mouse as well.

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

Track Pad

Specs:
    iMac, late 2012 model, 21"
    Quote Originally Posted by dotdotdot View Post
    I never used the trackpad on the Toshiba laptop you had, but I can tell you with utter certainty that it doesn't compare in any way to the ones that Apple makes. Honestly, once you start using Apple trackpads either on a MacBook or with the Magic Trackpad you'll never be able to stand the ones on other laptops again. They're that good.

Track Pad
    Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    I'm enjoying my Magic Mouse, which also behaves in a similar way, but I am likely to succumb to the Trackpad at some point. I use my built-in one on my 2009 MBP fluently when my Mouse isn't handy.

Thread Information