New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Alternative to Quicken 2013

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Quote:
Can anyone compare Quicken for Mac Essentials with MoneyDance and iBank--quality, ability to import from Quicken for Windows 2003. All I use it for is checkbook records and categorizing for taxes. I don't download/reconcile and don't need budget or investment tracking.
If your needs are that simple, then Quicken, MoneyDance, and iBank are overkill. I use "CheckBook" by Splasm Software available from the Mac App store: $14.99 for the standard version and $19.99 for the Pro version. It does everything you need in the standard version and imports from Quicken for Windows or Quicken for the Mac.

Very easy to use and there are trial versions you can try before you buy.
QUOTE Thanks
suumessage

suumessage is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I use "CheckBook" by Splasm Software available from the Mac App store: $14.99 for the standard version and $19.99 for the Pro version. It does everything you need in the standard version and imports from Quicken for Windows or Quicken for the Mac.
Thanks for the advice. I looked at it and it seems to be what I want. I'll have a couple of other people look at it too.
QUOTE Thanks
PatM

PatM is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Late 2013 MBP 15" I7 2.3 Ghz 16 GB Ram 500 GB SSD Retina

Personally I use YNAB "You Need A Budget". It works equally well in Windows or Mac format. It's a great tool for keeping track of your finances, especially if you do not need to track investments, and in my opinion it's one of the best budgeting programs on the market.

15 " 2013 MBP OS X Ver. 10.9.1 16 GB Memory, 500 GB SSD, Retina, 2.3 Ghz I7, 30GB IPhone 5, 2012 Mini Cooper JCW Coupe, 2014 Toyota Corolla, 2007 Trailblazer, 2 RC Planes, 1 fantastic wife who puts up with my toys. Still Married After 30 Years.
QUOTE Thanks
Alphakilo

Alphakilo is on a distinguished road

Well I downloaded VitualBox and set it up. Pretty simple set up. Running Windows and finally Quicken 2013! Thanks to all for the advice!

Now que the Office Space scene.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Network printer to print black only | 2007 iMac dual screen issues »