New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

what personal finance software?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Scotttyd

Scotttyd is on a distinguished road

I have used quicken for quite some time, what are my options for mac? quicken still available? or anyone have other ideas?

thanks
QUOTE Thanks
lrd

lrd is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2009 MacBook Pro 15" - 2013 iMac 3.4GHz quad-core i7, Fusion Drive, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX

There is a version of Quicken for Mac but its way behind the Windows version. I'm stuck cuz I've used quicken for two decades and ain't switching. I bought VM Fusion and run the windows version
QUOTE Thanks
Scotttyd

thanks -I would rather just get everything on a mac format so I am not bouncing back and forth. I would like to have my finance software open and go to my banks site, pay my bill, and have my spreadsheet open to track other stuff, etc.

Anyone use moneydance? They say it is the most quicken like of the software programs. I tried Mint, but not being able to manual enter transactions, and the fact my current local bank is not in their database to download made it DOA.
QUOTE Thanks
lrd

lrd is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2009 MacBook Pro 15" - 2013 iMac 3.4GHz quad-core i7, Fusion Drive, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotttyd View Post
thanks -I would rather just get everything on a mac format so I am not bouncing back and forth. I would like to have my finance software open and go to my banks site, pay my bill, and have my spreadsheet open to track other stuff, etc.
You can...that's exactly what I do. Fusion/Windows doesn't have to be run full screen. You can choose to run it in "Unity" mode meaning each Windows program is in a widow within OS X. Works great. ONly real downside is the initial cost.
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotttyd View Post

Anyone use moneydance? They say it is the most quicken like of the software programs. I tried Mint, but not being able to manual enter transactions, and the fact my current local bank is not in their database to download made it DOA.
We used to use MoneyDance. It worked quite well, but quit several years ago when we realized that due to online banking and other changes, it and Quiken were unnecessary.

Now I let the Bank track transactions for me and use an Excel spreadsheet to plan future purchases.
Regardless, MoneyDance was a good Quiken replacement IMO.

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .
QUOTE Thanks
oldhifi

oldhifi is on a distinguished road

I use Ibank, works well and you can import bank transactions too
QUOTE Thanks
Oneironaut

Oneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really nice
Mac Specs: 21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB

iBank works pretty well and it syncs wirelessly with the mobile version.
QUOTE Thanks
Scotttyd

with ibank - can you manually enter transactions? I use a small local bank and need to be able to manual enter them as few of the software options will link with them
QUOTE Thanks
kabrokes

kabrokes is on a distinguished road

I have iBank and can easily download transactions (except from US Bank), but haven't figured out how to reconcile my bank statements. I've looked at it many different ways and can't seem to figure it out yet.
QUOTE Thanks
Oneironaut

Oneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really nice
Mac Specs: 21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB

You can manually enter transactions but I only do that for my cash account. I just download all my back transactions so I don't have to reconcile them.
QUOTE Thanks
Sawday

Sawday is a jewel in the roughSawday is a jewel in the roughSawday is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 24" Aluminium, 2.8 GHz, 4Gb RAM. iPad2, iPhone4

This topic was covered here just a few weeks ago...
quicken equivalent

Happiness is not getting what you want, but wanting what you get.
QUOTE Thanks
RiDE

RiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Mac's

Mint.com is pretty awesome, depending on what exactly your are using it for... Web app, iOS App, and Mac Quickview in menubar.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« A Switchers guide to recommended free Apps to download to your new Mac | Mail send problem »