New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Trackpad problems

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

julieae

julieae is on a distinguished road

I have the Mac Trackpad and got a warning that the battery level was low. I removed the old ones, replaced them with new ones and now it won't work at all. Since the old ones still worked, I put them back in and they don't work either! We have rechecked that they are in correctly, even went to a Mac site to verify.

Any ideas?

Thanks.....I am headed for bed here on the EST timezone but will check back in the morning.
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

Do you mean that it does not work at all or that it refuses to pair/maintain a connection? My keyboard experiences an issue from time to time where it looses connection and will not red-pair for some time then will suddenly work again.

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks
Krzykat

Krzykat is on a distinguished road

I always like to try simple things first--- do you have the batteries in the right way? Or is the cover latched? Hope it is a simple fix.
QUOTE Thanks
docx

docx has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: I Mac 27-inch 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5 12GB ram. MacBook Pro 13-inch 2.5GHz dual-core Intel i5 4GB ram

Have you looked in the Bluetooth section of System Preferences.
QUOTE Thanks
julieae

checked the manual. batteries are correct, end cover is secure, bluetooth trackpad search through system preferences says there is none! I have done this before darn it ! And, the curser won't budge.
QUOTE Thanks
julieae

I decided to try and restart the computer to see if that might help matters and now I have another issue It says that my Evernote won't close so it cannot restart. There is nothing running from Evernote. I closed it all and even checked the Mission Control and there was nothing from Evernote open.
Also - this is the small trackpad, the "Magic Trackpad", not one attached to the keyboard like on a laptop.

Any help on this situation?

Mac Mini, OSX 2.3 GHz Intel Core 15, 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

For the Evernote problem, open up Activity Monitor and close any Evernote related processes (Evernote and EvernoteHelper).

Have you tried setting up your trackpad again? And, perhaps a stupid question - is it on?

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
julieae

Sorry, but what is Activity monitor and where do I find it? And if there is a power switch, I don't know where it is. To install again...you got me on that one since my son did all of the set-up on this one for me.
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Check /Applications/Utilities/.

See page 3 here for a diagram that points out the power button.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
julieae

Good grief! How simple was that! I'm feeling really dumb at the moment.....if I ever knew that was there, I forgot it. Thanks so much. For future problems I will now know to go find a manual from Apple!
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieae View Post
Good grief! How simple was that!
Exactly!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieae View Post
For future problems I will now know to go find a manual from Apple!
As a suggestion. Many times many answers can be found via a quick internet search as well (not just Apple manuals)!

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
julieae

Thanks Nick. I might have even thought of that myself, eventually. In any case, this was a lesson along the path of learning this machine!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How to connect Macbook, PC and projector wirelessly? | Macbook slow to sleep »