Mac Forums

Mac Forums (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/)
-   Switcher Hangout (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/switcher-hangout/)
-   -   Trackpad problems (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/switcher-hangout/296004-trackpad-problems.html)

julieae 03-03-2013 11:12 PM

Trackpad problems

I have the Mac Trackpad and got a warning that the battery level was low. I removed the old ones, replaced them with new ones and now it won't work at all. Since the old ones still worked, I put them back in and they don't work either! We have rechecked that they are in correctly, even went to a Mac site to verify.

Any ideas?

Thanks.....I am headed for bed here on the EST timezone but will check back in the morning.

Slydude 03-03-2013 11:36 PM

Do you mean that it does not work at all or that it refuses to pair/maintain a connection? My keyboard experiences an issue from time to time where it looses connection and will not red-pair for some time then will suddenly work again.

Krzykat 03-03-2013 11:49 PM

I always like to try simple things first--- do you have the batteries in the right way? Or is the cover latched? Hope it is a simple fix.

docx 03-04-2013 04:27 AM

Have you looked in the Bluetooth section of System Preferences.

julieae 03-04-2013 09:37 AM

checked the manual. batteries are correct, end cover is secure, bluetooth trackpad search through system preferences says there is none! I have done this before darn it ! And, the curser won't budge.

julieae 03-04-2013 12:42 PM

I decided to try and restart the computer to see if that might help matters and now I have another issue It says that my Evernote won't close so it cannot restart. There is nothing running from Evernote. I closed it all and even checked the Mission Control and there was nothing from Evernote open.
Also - this is the small trackpad, the "Magic Trackpad", not one attached to the keyboard like on a laptop.

Any help on this situation?

Mac Mini, OSX 2.3 GHz Intel Core 15, 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

vansmith 03-04-2013 12:55 PM

For the Evernote problem, open up Activity Monitor and close any Evernote related processes (Evernote and EvernoteHelper).

Have you tried setting up your trackpad again? And, perhaps a stupid question - is it on?

julieae 03-04-2013 12:59 PM

Sorry, but what is Activity monitor and where do I find it? And if there is a power switch, I don't know where it is. To install again...you got me on that one since my son did all of the set-up on this one for me.

vansmith 03-04-2013 01:10 PM

Check /Applications/Utilities/.

See page 3 here for a diagram that points out the power button.

julieae 03-04-2013 01:23 PM

Good grief! How simple was that! I'm feeling really dumb at the moment.....if I ever knew that was there, I forgot it. Thanks so much. For future problems I will now know to go find a manual from Apple!

pigoo3 03-04-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by julieae (Post 1499963)
Good grief! How simple was that!

Exactly!!! ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by julieae (Post 1499963)
For future problems I will now know to go find a manual from Apple!

As a suggestion. Many times many answers can be found via a quick internet search as well (not just Apple manuals)! :)

- Nick

julieae 03-04-2013 01:39 PM

Thanks Nick. I might have even thought of that myself, eventually. In any case, this was a lesson along the path of learning this machine!