New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

blue tooth

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

viji

viji is on a distinguished road

the blue tooth in my iphone is not recognising other devices can you help
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Can you be a little more specific? The Bluetooth implementation in iPhones is not designed to recognise the full range of possible devices. It accepts keyboards, headsets/headphones ... and that's about it.

What device are you trying to pair up?
QUOTE Thanks
viji

Hi, Thanx for your immedate reply.... I am trying to connect to my samsung galaxy mobile but it keeps searching for the device and nothing apears on screen.
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

Yes, as member "chas_m" said, your iPhone will connect to "keyboards, headsets/headphones", and your Galaxy mobile is neither of those.

It might help if you tell us what you are trying to do instead of us guessing..

--
Regards
...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.
QUOTE Thanks
viji

I am trying to transfer songs and pictures from the samsung mobile to the IPhone
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

There, that's better. You can't do that with the iPhone. The iPhone supports a handful of Bluetooth profiles and file transfer isn't one of them.

--
Regards
...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.
QUOTE Thanks
viji

so how do i go about it now?
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

You can transfer the songs and pictures to your PC like you normally would with an Android based device and then import them into iTunes and sync to your iPhone..

--
Regards
...Ashwin

QUOTE Thanks
viji

thanx Ashwin.... I think using the I Phone after using samsung is just so complicated. I was trying to get a new ring tone and I am not able to sync that in my i tunes... its just so frustrating
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

I created a couple of ringtones for the iPhone and what I did was to take an existing MP3 song I already had and shorten it to just 30 seconds and then export it as M4A file. Then went into Finder and renamed the file from .m4a to .m4r to make it a ringtone. I then imported the newly created M4R file into iTunes and it showed up under Ringtones and I could sync it to the iPhone and select it from the Settings->Sound menu..

Having said all there, here is a blog post that describes my actions with pictures.

Also you can use Garageband to play around with the music to find the right 30 seconds to create your ringtone. I had to play around a lot to find the right 30 seconds from within iTunes to get the ringtone to sound nice when it repeats..

--
Regards
...Ashwin

QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

The iPhone is definitely not as complicated as the Samsung phone -- it's just different, and that is what's causing your frustration. Time and practice will take care of it.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Bluetooth | Mackeeper »