Thread: blue tooth

blue tooth
    the blue tooth in my iphone is not recognising other devices can you help

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    Can you be a little more specific? The Bluetooth implementation in iPhones is not designed to recognise the full range of possible devices. It accepts keyboards, headsets/headphones ... and that's about it.

What device are you trying to pair up?

blue tooth
    Hi, Thanx for your immedate reply.... I am trying to connect to my samsung galaxy mobile but it keeps searching for the device and nothing apears on screen.

Specs:
    27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 6S, iPod Nano 7th GeniPad 3
    Yes, as member "chas_m" said, your iPhone will connect to "keyboards, headsets/headphones", and your Galaxy mobile is neither of those.

It might help if you tell us what you are trying to do instead of us guessing..
    --
    Regards
    ...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.

blue tooth
    I am trying to transfer songs and pictures from the samsung mobile to the IPhone

Specs:
    There, that's better. You can't do that with the iPhone. The iPhone supports a handful of Bluetooth profiles and file transfer isn't one of them.
    --
    Regards
    ...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.

so how do i go about it now?

Specs:
    You can transfer the songs and pictures to your PC like you normally would with an Android based device and then import them into iTunes and sync to your iPhone..
    --
    Regards
    ...Ashwin

thanx Ashwin.... I think using the I Phone after using samsung is just so complicated. I was trying to get a new ring tone and I am not able to sync that in my i tunes... its just so frustrating

Specs:
    I created a couple of ringtones for the iPhone and what I did was to take an existing MP3 song I already had and shorten it to just 30 seconds and then export it as M4A file. Then went into Finder and renamed the file from .m4a to .m4r to make it a ringtone. I then imported the newly created M4R file into iTunes and it showed up under Ringtones and I could sync it to the iPhone and select it from the Settings->Sound menu..

Having said all there, here is a blog post that describes my actions with pictures.

Also you can use Garageband to play around with the music to find the right 30 seconds to create your ringtone. I had to play around a lot to find the right 30 seconds from within iTunes to get the ringtone to sound nice when it repeats..
    --
    Regards
    ...Ashwin

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    The iPhone is definitely not as complicated as the Samsung phone -- it's just different, and that is what's causing your frustration. Time and practice will take care of it.

Thread Information