Refurbished Mac Pro ok?
    Newbie here. I searched for threads about refurbished but didn't see any comments.

I am looking at a 2012 Refurbished Mac Pro, 1 year warranty. I am going this route to save a few bucks. There is also a refurbished display! I'm switching from an old PC specifically built for video editing. The refurbished Mac has all the bells and whistles I'm looking for.

Does anyone have input, pros or cons about purchasing a refurbished Mac Pro and display? Also, is it advisable to buy additional 3 year warranty?

Thanks in advance.

2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    Quote Originally Posted by RuninWatters View Post
    Newbie here. I searched for threads about refurbished but didn't see any comments.
    Obviously you haven't searched hard enough! We talk about refurbished computers from Apple being a fine and wise choice all the time!

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

Rossendale, UK
    MacBook Pro 13", 2.26 GHz, 2GB, 160GB. iPod touch 2nd gen, 8GB, 27" Core i7, 8GB, 1TB iMac
    I've had 2 computers from the refurb store, a MacBook and an iMac.

The Apple refurb store is excellent, everything gets delivered like new. Also, keep in mind that to sell something on the refurb store, it needs to be thoroughly checked by Apple Technicians to ensure that it is fit for sale, and to check the condition etc, so it's a pretty safe bet.

The only major difference you'll notice is that the packaging will be plain white cardboard, not the full retail packaging. An excellent tradeoff for the savings in general.
    I do web design, so can help with that.
    Don't Ask Me about iWeb, Dreamweaver, Flash or any WYSIWYG.
    Ask me about xHTML, HTML, HTML5, CSS, CSS3, PHP, MySQL, (basic) jQuery, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.

Glad I found the place for Mac answers. Thanks and onward we go!!

27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3
    My currently iMac is a refurb that I purchased at the end of 2009. It had the 1 year AppleCare that I extended to 3..I should finally be out of my warranty period now, but I haven't had a single problem with it throughout my ownership.

Apart from the plain looking box the iMac came in, nothing about the insides, the packaging or the iMac itself suggests that it was a top it off, I saved a good chunk of money on it, so it's a win-win-win all around..

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.

Thread Information