New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Printing wirelessly

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jmosley

jmosley is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook, 13-inch, mid 2010, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Memory: 2 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, OS X 10.8.2

I am a college student, so I print out a lot of papers. I have installed iPrint client on my macbook, which allows me to print wirelessly. I am trying to figure out how I can wirelessly print out my papers without having to log on to my school's computers to print. Any suggestions?
QUOTE Thanks
Flavacraze

Flavacraze is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 15" 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16GB 1600 MHz DDR3 10.9.4

You don't need iPrint to print wirelessly, you just need to share whatever printer you have on your network and then select it from the print options.
System Preferences -> Print and Scan -> Select the Printer in question -> Sharing settings
Unless you are trying to print from the school's computers in which case, at the school I attended they required you to pay for printing, so that would be a bottle-neck for you if that is the case.
But otherwise, you again just need to set up the printer and share it.
Hope this helps.
QUOTE Thanks
jmosley

Mac Specs: MacBook, 13-inch, mid 2010, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Memory: 2 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, OS X 10.8.2

Yeah I have to pay for printing at my school :/. Thanks for your help though!
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmosley View Post
I am trying to figure out how I can wirelessly print out my papers without having to log on to my school's computers to print. Any suggestions?
Quote:
Yeah I have to pay for printing at my school :/.
So is your "real" question..."How can I print wirelessly (at your school)...without having to pay for it?"

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
jmosley

Yes
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Do you own a printer, or I guess I should ask... is there one in your room at school? By the way, I'm sure you understand why schools charge for printing. If they didn't, students would be printing out everything from comic books to the "World Book Of Knowledge" - all 35 volumes.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Yes
If your goal is to print wirelessly on printers at your school that you're really supposed to be paying for...you will not get any help here at Mac-Forum's!

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Security on MacBook Pro | Annoying pop up »