iWork or Publisher

iWork or Publisher
    I need an application to create brochures, invitations, etc. and have been using Publisher on my PC. Have switched to the iMac and am trying to decide which Office package to buy, and wonder if I can get the Home Office package and iWork instead of getting the Office Professional that includes Publisher,

Is iWork as good (or better than Publisher).
    Thanks!

iWork or Publisher
    Specs:
    27" i7 iMac. Intel Quad Core. 16 GB Ram.
    In iWorks Pages, you can create tri-fold brochures from the,plates or A4 brochures from other templates. I use it and it works great for me. There are many other Templates included with it such as Invoices etc,.
     Machine Specs: 27" i7 iMac l 2.8 GHz Quad Core l 16 GB 1067 MHz DDR 3 Ram l ATI Radeon HD 4850 512 MB Ram l 2 TB Sata HDD l 2 TB Time Machine [Seagate GoFlex. Firewire 800] l Built-in OPTIARC DVD RW AD-5680H l Built-in Card reader l Mac OS X 10.10.5 Yosemite I iPhone 4S 16 GB iOS 8.4

iWork or Publisher
    Specs:
    27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, Yosemite
    Quote Originally Posted by KathyB View Post
    I need an application to create brochures, invitations, etc. and have been using Publisher on my PC. Have switched to the iMac and am trying to decide which Office package to buy, and wonder if I can get the Home Office package and iWork instead of getting the Office Professional that includes Publisher,

Is iWork as good (or better than Publisher).
    Thanks!
    Welcome to the Mac Forums!

The Mac Office 2011 packages (Home and Business) do not include MS Publisher as that is strictly Windows only. MS has never provided it for the Mac as there are just too many applications for the Mac which are better.

The iWork Pages program does layout work very well and can be used for brochures, bulletins, flyers, etc. However, if you need MS Office compatibility for documents, only MS Office for the Mac gives you 100% compatibility with the Windows versions.

MS Office for the Mac of course includes Word. Word can be switched to layout mode and does a very nice job of making brochures, bulletins, and flyers. However, MS Office Home for the Mac will cost around $90 for a single install whereas Pages is only $19.99.

Thread Information