New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Finally switched and delighted!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

romatech

romatech is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2012 Mac Mini with 16GB RAM

Firstly, a big thanks to this forum for invaluable information. Over a period of two weeks I have completely switched over from Windows to Mac. I bought a new Mac mini recently and ran my PC alongside it.

There were a few teething problems along the way but I am now finding that OS X is generally better than Windows for many things. I've yet to learn some of the keyboard shortcuts but my PC is now powered down and decommissioned.

I've put the 1TB drive from my PC into a USB 3.0 enclosure so I can still read the contents should I need to. I'll eventually use that external drive with Time Machine for backups.
QUOTE Thanks
Type_R

Type_R is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.5 Ghz Intel Core i5, 4GB 1600 MHz DDR3, Intel HD Graphics 4000 512 MB. OS X 10.9.1 Late 2012

A fairly recent switcher myself, i too have not looked back! I doubt i will ever be back to Windows apart from maybe in the workplace.

I've found the mac community on here an excellent help with no question too stupid...well, within reason!

Welcome!
QUOTE Thanks
Deckyon

Deckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really nice
Mac Specs: MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM

There is an application called "CheatSheet" for Mac that, if you hold down the CMD button on the keyboard, it pops up a screen with the shortcut keys. I dont have a link, but if you search "CheatSheet for Mac" it should come up. Helped me with shortcuts.

MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1GB RAM
MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6630M 256MB RAM
iPhone 5S 64GB, iPad Gen3 32GB WiFi, iPod Nano Gen6 8GB, Apple TV 3 & 2
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« macbook charging issues | iCloud - contacts sync between PC and imac »