New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

My posts or threads

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

rmill777

rmill777 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacMini , iPad Mini, Apple TV

How do I find my posts or threads to look for answers>
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmill777 View Post
How do I find my posts or threads to look for answers>
The post you made above is your 1st post. So at this point there are no other posts or threads of yours to find.

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
Dogbreath

Dogbreath is a jewel in the roughDogbreath is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: mid 2010 Mac Mini OS 10.6.8 (SL), 2.66 GHz C2D, 8GB RAM, 30 in. Cinema Display

Go to your Mac-Forums profile and click on the Statistics tab. You will find your posts and threads history...all one of them.
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

At the top are a set of links in a grey bar. One of the links is "My Posts."

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Personal Twitter
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute

Another way to find your posts/threads (when you eventually have some)...is use the search function...and enter your username.

Lots of ways to do it!

- Nick

- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
QUOTE Thanks
rmill777

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
The post you made above is your 1st post. So at this point there are no other posts or threads of yours to find.

- Nick
I posted a previous one regarding my screensaver problem. Which by the way I solved by picking up a post that mentioned Activity.app
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

Quote:
I posted a previous one regarding my screensaver problem. Which by the way I solved by picking up a post that mentioned Activity.app
I don't believe you posted that previous post on Mac-Forums..

--
Regards
...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

Quote:
If you look to the left of each of your posts...you will see your username (and other info)...including your total number of posts. At this point that number for you is 2 (both from this thread).

Thus the post you claim you made relating to a screensaver problem...could not have been done on Mac-Forums using the username "rmill777".

- Nick

QUOTE Thanks
rmill777

You can't imagine how strange a new site looks on your first visit. Don't know what "Quote" means. I could have sworn I was on this site with my Screensaver problem but maybe not. I haven't found my Profile on this site as one reply suggested. I am sure it will be simple when I get over the new smell. Don't know what the Trackback is for. I guess I need to find a manual for using the site tho from my first effort I received a lot of help.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

Quote:
You can't imagine how strange a new site looks on your first visit. Don't know what "Quote" means. I could have sworn I was on this site with my Screensaver problem but maybe not. I haven't found my Profile on this site as one reply suggested. I am sure it will be simple when I get over the new smell. Don't know what the Trackback is for. I guess I need to find a manual for using the site tho from my first effort I received a lot of help.
Like anything new...there is always a learning curve. It's just like going to school/college...if it was all easy...we would all get straight A's. But all of us don't...so we have to attend lectures and study textbooks.

The equivalent to "lectures & textbooks" here on Mac-Forums:

- read the "Sticky" threads in each sub-forum
- use the search function
- simply "explore" the website...by pointing & clicking

We all learn differently & at different rates.

- Nick

QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

Quote indicates that someone (I in my previous post) hit the "QUOTE" button to quote your text so that you had context to my reply. Because multiple people could be posting at the same time, the conversation can get disjointed at times. Quoting a portion of another's post and replying keeps the conversation in sync.

If you scroll to the top of the page, you will see the Mac-Forums logo. Below that are 5 buttons in red and below that 7 buttons in gray. One of those gray buttons is titled "User CP" (CP is Control Panel) which will take you to your profile. The other button titled "My Posts"..well, I'll let you guess what that might do..

The other buttons are similarly descriptive of the action that will be taken when you press on it..

--
Regards
...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.
QUOTE Thanks
Dogbreath

Dogbreath is a jewel in the roughDogbreath is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: mid 2010 Mac Mini OS 10.6.8 (SL), 2.66 GHz C2D, 8GB RAM, 30 in. Cinema Display

To clarify my earlier post...in the top right corner of the page there is a gray area. You will see Welcome, rmill777, your name is in red. Click on your name and that will take you to your profile. Click on the Statistics tab in your profile and your thread and post information will be listed there.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mail Drops Passwords | How to change version of Ruby being run in TextWrangler? »