Mac Forums

Mac Forums (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/)
-   Switcher Hangout (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/switcher-hangout/)
-   -   My posts or threads (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/switcher-hangout/294999-my-posts-threads.html)

rmill777 02-12-2013 12:14 PM

My posts or threads

How do I find my posts or threads to look for answers>

pigoo3 02-12-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rmill777 (Post 1495320)
How do I find my posts or threads to look for answers>

The post you made above is your 1st post. So at this point there are no other posts or threads of yours to find.

- Nick

Dogbreath 02-12-2013 12:18 PM

Go to your Mac-Forums profile and click on the Statistics tab. You will find your posts and threads history...all one of them.

vansmith 02-12-2013 12:24 PM

At the top are a set of links in a grey bar. One of the links is "My Posts."

pigoo3 02-12-2013 12:37 PM

Another way to find your posts/threads (when you eventually have some)...is use the search function...and enter your username.

Lots of ways to do it!:)

- Nick

rmill777 02-12-2013 12:54 PM

Screensaver disappeared

Quote:

Originally Posted by pigoo3 (Post 1495321)
The post you made above is your 1st post. So at this point there are no other posts or threads of yours to find.

- Nick

I posted a previous one regarding my screensaver problem. Which by the way I solved by picking up a post that mentioned Activity.app

Raz0rEdge 02-12-2013 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rmill777 (Post 1495332)
I posted a previous one regarding my screensaver problem. Which by the way I solved by picking up a post that mentioned Activity.app

I don't believe you posted that previous post on Mac-Forums..

pigoo3 02-12-2013 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rmill777 (Post 1495332)

If you look to the left of each of your posts...you will see your username (and other info)...including your total number of posts. At this point that number for you is 2 (both from this thread).

Thus the post you claim you made relating to a screensaver problem...could not have been done on Mac-Forums using the username "rmill777".

- Nick

rmill777 02-12-2013 01:13 PM

Mac-Forums.

You can't imagine how strange a new site looks on your first visit. Don't know what "Quote" means. I could have sworn I was on this site with my Screensaver problem but maybe not. I haven't found my Profile on this site as one reply suggested. I am sure it will be simple when I get over the new smell. Don't know what the Trackback is for. I guess I need to find a manual for using the site tho from my first effort I received a lot of help.

pigoo3 02-12-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rmill777 (Post 1495336)
You can't imagine how strange a new site looks on your first visit. Don't know what "Quote" means. I could have sworn I was on this site with my Screensaver problem but maybe not. I haven't found my Profile on this site as one reply suggested. I am sure it will be simple when I get over the new smell. Don't know what the Trackback is for. I guess I need to find a manual for using the site tho from my first effort I received a lot of help.

Like anything new...there is always a learning curve.;) It's just like going to school/college...if it was all easy...we would all get straight A's. But all of us don't...so we have to attend lectures and study textbooks.

The equivalent to "lectures & textbooks" here on Mac-Forums:

- read the "Sticky" threads in each sub-forum
- use the search function
- simply "explore" the website...by pointing & clicking

We all learn differently & at different rates.:)

- Nick

Raz0rEdge 02-12-2013 01:22 PM

Quote indicates that someone (I in my previous post) hit the "QUOTE" button to quote your text so that you had context to my reply. Because multiple people could be posting at the same time, the conversation can get disjointed at times. Quoting a portion of another's post and replying keeps the conversation in sync.

If you scroll to the top of the page, you will see the Mac-Forums logo. Below that are 5 buttons in red and below that 7 buttons in gray. One of those gray buttons is titled "User CP" (CP is Control Panel) which will take you to your profile. The other button titled "My Posts"..well, I'll let you guess what that might do..:)

The other buttons are similarly descriptive of the action that will be taken when you press on it..

Dogbreath 02-12-2013 02:52 PM

To clarify my earlier post...in the top right corner of the page there is a gray area. You will see Welcome, rmill777, your name is in red. Click on your name and that will take you to your profile. Click on the Statistics tab in your profile and your thread and post information will be listed there.