View Poll Results:

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%

Just giving up on windows!
    I have had this 1st gen G5 for a while. It has no hard drive or memory, but other than that it's all there. I am sick to death of windows and working on my buddies Mac is very cool! STRAPPED for cash @ the moment so I am wondering if this is worth putting a couple hundred bucks into to get started in the MAC world?? Reading some of the forum so far and I can't even fully understand the language yet!! ...whadda ya think?? (I'll just sit back and listen for a while)

Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    Quote Originally Posted by Window-widower View Post
    I have had this 1st gen G5 for a while. It has no hard drive or memory, but other than that it's all there.

@ the moment so I am wondering if this is worth putting a couple hundred bucks into to get started in the MAC world??
    If you're talking about putting a couple hundred bucks into the G5 you mentioned...not it's not worth it. It's too old (last G5 was discontinued in 2006)...and it probably won't even be worth a couple hundred after your investments.

If you want a Mac that will give you a decent 1st timer experience...buy a used Mac with an Intel cpu (not a G5 cpu). And buy one that is ready to go (no upgrading needed). This will save you more money in the long run.

HTH,

- Nick

p.s. Regarding the poll question. This is a Mac-Forum...the answers are bound to be skewed towards the positive. Just like it would be if this was a Windows based forum...and a similar question (Are Windows computers the best?) were asked there.
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

Specs:
    13in rMBP 2014 Yosemite
    Quote Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
    p.s. Regarding the poll question. This is a Mac-Forum...the answers are bound to be skewed towards the positive. Just like it would be if this was a Windows based forum...and a similar question (Are Windows computers the best?) were asked there.
    I addition to what you said... he gave three options for mac and 1 against.. def not pew quality

Thread Information