New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

air drop does not work

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Donald Battles

Donald Battles is on a distinguished road

I have my IMac and Mac Pro side by side and they see each other but can't transfer a movie from iMac to Mac Pro 15 .

don
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

If you can see the Airdrop icon on both machines, you should be able to transfer data between them. How large is the movie? And are you getting any errors?
QUOTE Thanks
Donald Battles

Both Icons are visible on both machines. I am dragging and dropping the 4gb movie and then giving a direction to send. It simply will not transmit. I am try to get around this by sending a Bluetooth send directive but it wants to send my entire ITunes file.

Not sure what to do.

Thanks.

Don
QUOTE Thanks
Smalltowntech

Smalltowntech is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 15, 2.2ghz, 4G ram 10.9

Have you tried to send a smaller single file to see if the send/receive function part works.
QUOTE Thanks
Donald Battles

I unplugged the network cable and by using Wi-Fi connected only the AirDrop now works fine.

Many thanks for your kind assistance.

I am a retired business man living in Chiang Rai Thailand.

My E-mail is don@donsfoods.com

Skype donaldbattles

Contact me if you wish.

Thanks.

Don
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« COmputer Froze during Snow Leopard install, now im in all sorts of trouble. | Macbook Problen!?!?! »