Using adobe with iMac
    I am new to the Mac world. Did not grow up with a computers so I am a real novice.
    I am trying to view PDFs on my mac and it told me I needed to download adobe, which I did. Now adobe shows up on the screen but I am still having trouble viewing PDFs.
    Any Suggestions?

Specs:
    Macbook Pro, 2.4GHz Core2 Duo 10.6.8, MacMini
    take a look at this page https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0 and see if it helps.. other than that, make sure you downloaded the correct version for your OS, or you could try Download Skim for Mac - PDF Reader and note-taker for scientific papers. MacUpdate.com

Good Luck
    invincible ignorance is an example of ignorance that can not be removed by any amount of evidence. It's now a widespread form of pollution. (Revised quote) An apple a day, keeps the psychiatrist away.. If you play a Windows install CD backwards it has satanic verses

Specs:
    21.5" iMac i5 2.9 Ghz, 15" MBPro i7 2.0 Ghz, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, ATV2, ATV3, iPad2, iPad Mini
    Preview will view pdf files
    Quote Originally Posted by wet1446 View Post
    I am new to the Mac world. Did not grow up with a computers so I am a real novice.
    I am trying to view PDFs on my mac and it told me I needed to download adobe, which I did. Now adobe shows up on the screen but I am still having trouble viewing PDFs.
    Any Suggestions?
    Your Mac should already be able to read .pdf files with its own application called Preview.
    I am kind of a minimalest and try not add anymore applications than I have to.
    Try Preview before going out and downloading more applications, and then decide.
    Having said that there are many reasons for needing additional applications.

DavidH

Specs:
    Macbook Pro, 2.4GHz Core2 Duo 10.6.8, MacMini
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidHH View Post
    Your Mac should already be able to read .pdf files with its own application called Preview.
    DavidH
    Thanks David, wasn't sure about that as it's been a loooong time since installing my OS
    invincible ignorance is an example of ignorance that can not be removed by any amount of evidence. It's now a widespread form of pollution. (Revised quote) An apple a day, keeps the psychiatrist away.. If you play a Windows install CD backwards it has satanic verses

Thread Information