New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

cannot print

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

lainey1213

lainey1213 is on a distinguished road

Hello, I cannot print using microsoft word (older version). Any suggestions? Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

How about some more info? Which version of MS Word and what printer? Also tell us which version of OS X you're running and some details about your Mac.
QUOTE Thanks
lainey1213

I am using Mac OS X 10.6.8; both printers are Epson Stylus CX7000F and HP Photo smart C4780 and the Microsoft Office looks like 2004. I can print using open office. Hope I gave enough info.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute

OK, thanks for posting back that information. You should be able to print to both the Epson and HP. When you select Print in MS Word, does the default printer you selected show up? And what happens when you select Print in MS Word, do you get any errors?
QUOTE Thanks
lainey1213

OK here is what just happened. If if choose word from the dock and type something "new", it prints. If I copy something from Open office, that was originally in a word document, it prints only the first 8 lines of 6 pages? It seems so bizarre to me. It has been a problem for long, I cannot remember how it started but I think it was when I got the new IMAC which was 3 years ago. I bought a new student microsoft office but I have not installed it because I feel like this one should work but I am not techie at all and cannot figure it out. While I await you reply, I will try and type up this same document as 'new' again or I'll look for another older word document and see if it will print.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

Your problem is in mixing documents between OO and Word. Install your new version of MS Office and don't look back. Office 2004 is old and out of date - besides it can not be used with either Lion or Mountain Lion since it's a PPC application. I don't know which version of Office you bought but both Office 2008 and especially 2011 are far better than 2004.
QUOTE Thanks
lainey1213

will do. Thank you for your time and input. Do I throw the other one in the trash or not worry? Have a great w/e.
QUOTE Thanks
MacInWin

MacInWin has much to be proud ofMacInWin has much to be proud ofMacInWin has much to be proud ofMacInWin has much to be proud ofMacInWin has much to be proud ofMacInWin has much to be proud ofMacInWin has much to be proud ofMacInWin has much to be proud ofMacInWin has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2011 MBP, 2008 iMac, iPhone 5S, iPad mini, 13" MBP and MacMini

You can try opening the OO documents in OO and then saving or exporting them to some other format that Word can open. That MAY help.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPhoto update | slow mac »