New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Installing hp printer

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

hafsat

hafsat is on a distinguished road

I have a mac book air on which I have installed a canon scanner. I have difficulty in installing my hp printer. What to do?
QUOTE Thanks
MSab7

MSab7 is on a distinguished road

if its connected through usb:
Click the Apple menu ( ), and then click Software Update . Software Update checks for available updates and updates the database that your Mac uses to determine available printer software.
Click Show Details , select any available software updates, and then click Install .

NOTE: Install all available updates for best printer performance and functionality.
Turn on your printer, and then make sure that it has paper in the tray and that it is in a ready state.
Connect the USB cable to the printer and to the Mac. A print queue is automatically created for your printer. If the Mac already has current software for your printer, the print queue is created in the background.

NOTE:If you are prompted to install any additional software for your printer, click Install , and then follow the instructions to complete the installation.
Click the Apple menu, and then click System Preferences .
Click Print & Scan , and then make sure that your printer is in the list of available devices.
If your printer is not listed, click the plus sign ( ) at the bottom of the left pane, click the name of your USB printer, and then click Add .

NOTE: Quit and restart any applications that were open before adding the printer to use the updated HP software features.

if its wireless:

Click the Apple menu ( ), and then click Software Update . Software Update checks for available updates and updates the database that your computer uses to determine available printer software.
Click Show Details , select any available software updates, and then click Install .

NOTE: Install all available software updates for best printer performance and functionality.
Turn on the printer, and then make sure that it has paper in the tray and that it is in a ready state.
Make sure that the printer is connected to the wired or wireless network, or is connected to the USB port of a Time Capsule or AirPort Base Station.
Click the Apple menu, and then click System Preferences .
Click Print & Scan , and then click the plus sign ( ) in the lower left corner of the window.
Under Nearby Printers , click the name of your printer.

NOTE:If your printer is not listed, click Add Printer or Scanner for a full list of printers.
Under Name , click the name of your printer.

NOTE:Make sure that the printer kind is Bonjour or Bonjour Multifunction .
Click the Use box, and then select the name of your printer in the pop-up menu.
Click Add to add the printer to the queue.
If you are prompted to install any additional software for your printer, click Install , and then follow the instructions to complete the installation.

NOTE: Quit and restart any applications that were open before adding the printer to use the updated HP software features.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Macbook Pro 13 (mid 2012) speed problem, or is it me? | Uninstalling Programs from Macbook Air »