New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

iCloud and calendar

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

radiomother

radiomother is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac, iPod, iPad, and Mac user at work and home

I've been trying to get my iPhone calendar to share with my iCloud and iPad and it's not working. I've checked the settings. Everything seems to be on. What could be the problem?

radiomother
QUOTE Thanks
derekeverett

derekeverett is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 3.1 ghz i5, 12 gb 1333 mhz & iPhone 4s

When I first started using iCloud, I had huge problems getting my mac and iPhone to sync up properly where Calendar is concerned.

In the end, my problem was that I was unintentionally using multiple calendars. Somehow my iPhone had started to use the calendar associated with my Gmail address as the default calendar while my mac was using the iCloud Calendar as the default.

I corrected this headache by going in to my iPhone settings->Mail, Contacts, Calendars->Default Calendar and changing the default to the iCloud calendar.

It's been a while now.. but I'm pretty sure that's what solved my issue. Hope that helps somehow!
QUOTE Thanks
radiomother

Thanks. I'm at work now. I've adjusted my iPhone and I'm looking forward to seeing if it works on my iMac.
QUOTE Thanks
radiomother

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekeverett View Post
When I first started using iCloud, I had huge problems getting my mac and iPhone to sync up properly where Calendar is concerned.

In the end, my problem was that I was unintentionally using multiple calendars. Somehow my iPhone had started to use the calendar associated with my Gmail address as the default calendar while my mac was using the iCloud Calendar as the default.

I corrected this headache by going in to my iPhone settings->Mail, Contacts, Calendars->Default Calendar and changing the default to the iCloud calendar.

It's been a while now.. but I'm pretty sure that's what solved my issue. Hope that helps somehow!
No, it still didn't work. I can't see events that were in my phone calendar and I've tried playing with the settings on my iMac. Any other thoughts?
QUOTE Thanks
derekeverett

derekeverett is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 3.1 ghz i5, 12 gb 1333 mhz & iPhone 4s

Now that you've switched everything to the right calendar, I would turn iCloud off on both your phone and mac, then turn it back on again. That's all I got left at this point. Hope it works.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Bought older iMac have issue with Lion | Desktop and fonts not as clear as Windows »