New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Handbrake, windows computer and video ipod

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

section8joe

section8joe is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 1.25 15inch powerbook

I ripped a dvd using the default setting in handbrake. I burned it to a dvd and gave it to my brother. He has a windows computer. He copied the ripped dvd's into his itunes and can play them using itunes. When he goes to update the ipod he keeps getting an error message. Do i have to change a setting in handbrake in order to use the dvd's on the ipod? :headphone
QUOTE Thanks
UncSki1218

under destination got to codecs...choose: mpeg-4 video/acc audio. make sure u have the longest title(if its a movie) and all chapters. that should do it.
QUOTE Thanks
VaughnA

VaughnA will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncSki1218
under destination got to codecs...choose: mpeg-4 video/acc audio. make sure u have the longest title(if its a movie) and all chapters. that should do it.
You also need to change the video size to 320/240 under the advanced setting. IIRC.. I'm at work so I can't check exactly..
QUOTE Thanks
saunderscc

saunderscc is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 1.67GHZ 15" PowerBook G4 Widescreen "The Great Last PowerBook"/20" iMac Core Duo, 2GB RAM, 256VRAM

you know i did that last night to an episode of BSG and I got an error message as well. I used the 320/240 under the picture settings and everything according the latest issue of MacWorld. Still would not put it on the iPod. I usually use Mac the Ripper and then use iSquint. On a side note, what software did you use to burn it to DVD? Can you copy a file into iDVD and use that to burn it?
QUOTE Thanks
ripfrankwhite

ripfrankwhite will become famous soon enough

You don't need to use 320/240. I prefer much higher resolution. Plus the TV out will look a lot better.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Keychain - How do I get it to work | what should my mate do? »