New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

.torrent files won't open in Azureus

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

agb

I've installed Azureus, and when I double-click a .torrent file, Azureus will open (or if it's running, it will get focus). But it will not actually open the torrent file (I have to do that manually, either with drag-n-drop or File>Open, etc.)

how can I make Azureus actually OPEN the file?
QUOTE Thanks
roxster

1st-I download my torrents to the desktop.
in Azureus Preferences Click on Files
>Check the Save to default data directory (I created a folder on my desktop called DLTorrent-I like to put my downloads in various folders myself)
Next-Cascade? the Files triangle and click on Torrents.
>Checkmark the Import new .torrents automatically (This is where browser downloads torrents) and select the folder from the browse(like I said-I downlad to the desktop)
>Leave the interval at 1 min
>save
It will move the torrent file to your save directory which is defaulted---------- /Users/aramis/Library/Application Support/Azureus/torrents
QUOTE Thanks
agb

Hmm, this is a good workaround, but when I double-click my torrents, Azureus is launched but no torrents are added to the queue. I have to drag them in. Is this a problem everyone on the Mac has? (Probably an Azureus bug) or is it just me and roxster here?
QUOTE Thanks
Smartz

Smartz is on a distinguished road

Hi there, I had the same problem. In the end i decided to switch to a program called Transmission which is torrent only download client and this works the best so far of all of the ones i have tried!
QUOTE Thanks
BrianjG

BrianjG is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 21" Imac

I could never get it working for me either. I use tomato torrent now and find it very good.
QUOTE Thanks
sirune

sirune is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: ibook 12", ipod photo 20gig

use bits on wheels.. it has all the features of azureus..except the whole messy interface. oh yeah, it takes up less memory too.. its a win win situation. go try bits on wheels
QUOTE Thanks
fyrman22

fyrman22 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, TV, iPhone, Nano

I use transmission too best one i've found as of yet. And usually quicker

QUOTE Thanks
johninc

johninc is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: ibook G4 12 inch running mac os 10.4 with: 60 gb HD+256 mb ram+Radeon 9200

Quote:
Originally Posted by agb
I've installed Azureus, and when I double-click a .torrent file, Azureus will open (or if it's running, it will get focus). But it will not actually open the torrent file (I have to do that manually, either with drag-n-drop or File>Open, etc.)

how can I make Azureus actually OPEN the file?
This happens to me everytime but I never really care I don't mind opening it manually.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« "Send to?" | Your switching experiences »