hdmi to connect to TV

Post hdmi to connect to TV
    Hi, I have connected my MacBook Pro (10.7.4) to my TV but am not getting any connection. I followed the advice from another thread on this website ("go to preferences, displays, etc) but I get no boxes to tick in there, and the 'Detect Displays' Button doesn't do anything either. I have NO idea what to do next: would like to look at photos on my MacBook and watch programmes on iPlayer!
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

hdmi to connect to TV

Specs:
    iMac 27" Mid 2010, 3.2GHz Intel Core i3,12GB 1333 MHz DDR3, ATI Radeon HD5670 512MB, Yose 10.10.5
    Quote Originally Posted by Ingrid.v8x View Post
    Hi, I have connected my MacBook Pro (10.7.4) to my TV but am not getting any connection. I followed the advice from another thread on this website ("go to preferences, displays, etc) but I get no boxes to tick in there, and the 'Detect Displays' Button doesn't do anything either. I have NO idea what to do next: would like to look at photos on my MacBook and watch programmes on iPlayer!
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Hello,

Your TV won't always automatically recognise the Mac. You may need to choose the input source on the TV for the screen to come up.

Go into the TV's menu and choose the HDMI input that you have plugged the cable into and see if that helps.
    iMac 27-inch Mid 2010 (wow....that old...eeeks!), WD My Book 1TB Firewire,WD My Passport Air 500GB, Magic Mouse,Magic Trackpad,
    iPhone 5C, iPod Nano 4GB 3rd Gen, ATV2.
    MOTM October 2012. These days normally happy with an occasional grumble.

hdmi to connect to TV

Thank you, Pendlewitch, for your reply. I had already done that, so that appears not to be the problem. Also turned off the computer and turned it back on again, in case that solved it, but also to no avail!

hdmi to connect to TV
    Specs:
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '11 1.8 i7 4GB 10.10; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.10; 5s & 5c
    Best I can suggest is head to this thread - Post # 2, Item # 1 and work your way through all the items there.

What is the brand of the TV - make and model would be even better?
    What adapter/cable are you using?
    Which MBP do you have? - screen size, year model and CPU speed.
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

hdmi to connect to TV

Specs:
    iMac 27" Mid 2010, 3.2GHz Intel Core i3,12GB 1333 MHz DDR3, ATI Radeon HD5670 512MB, Yose 10.10.5
    Quote Originally Posted by Ingrid.v8x View Post
    Thank you, Pendlewitch, for your reply. I had already done that, so that appears not to be the problem. Also turned off the computer and turned it back on again, in case that solved it, but also to no avail!
    Hey no problem. My guess its it's a cable/adaptor/input thing but follow the link as bobtomay says and see what you can do.
    iMac 27-inch Mid 2010 (wow....that old...eeeks!), WD My Book 1TB Firewire,WD My Passport Air 500GB, Magic Mouse,Magic Trackpad,
    iPhone 5C, iPod Nano 4GB 3rd Gen, ATV2.
    MOTM October 2012. These days normally happy with an occasional grumble.

Thread Information