Thread: Blocked Plug-in

Blocked Plug-in
    I keep getting "blocked plug-in" message onmy Mac Book Pro and don't really know what that means and/or how to unblock it

Specs:
    2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)
    Can you be a little more specific? Does this happen with a particular browser or some other type of application? Does it tell you what plug-in is causing the problem?
    Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
    M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
    Writing a Quality Post

I am using Safari. I think the problem might be adobe flash, but I'n not sure. It seems like I'm getting a lot of "Blocked plugin" messages

Smile pop up block; same subject
    me too same problem.........was not happening before......think it started when i tried to install an update for adobe

me too, not sure how to fix it, help please,
    I have vmware fusion and the same thing is happening on windows side through internet explorer.
    I believe I updated adobe flashplayer recently and not sure why it would make this start doing this but thats the only reason i can think of.

Specs:
    If you've recently upgraded Flash, try reinstalling it. Unless you've got a Flash blocking add-on installed (which you would have had to do consciously), Flash won't get blocked by your browser.

Can any of you provide a link to a page where this is happening?
    Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
    Writing a Quality Post

K, reinstalling worked on mine, thanks

I have been getting these messages on MacBook Pro with Safari ever since updating to Mountain Lion. The one I'm concerned with now is downloading a weather radio from a local TV station. Any thoughts on where to go or how to unblock plug-ins?

Specs:
    Update them. Safari no longer loads plug-ins if it finds that they are out-of-date.
    Writing a Quality Post

Blocked Plug-ins
    I just started today to read this thread. Everything was working fine until I updated java that was posted on my computer (iMac) today. 7.10 I think. Anyway, I go to several chat rooms but now all I get is a message " Blocked plug-in". I have no clue what plug-in is being blocked, how to find out or how to remedy the situation. Thanks for any help. BTW, I'm
    using Safari.

Specs:
    Imac 27" Retina 5K, 512GB flash memory, 3.3GHz, 16GB memory, macOS Sierra beta.
    If your software is up to date applets should be removed but manually updating java may have caused the problem. Have a read of this link:-

https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0
    Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!

Specs:
    Imac 27" Retina 5K, 512GB flash memory, 3.3GHz, 16GB memory, macOS Sierra beta.
    Also be aware Apple has prevented Java 7 plugins from loading as an anti-malware step:-

Zero-day flaw prompts Apple to block Java 7 from OS X
    Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    Mozilla has blocked the Java plug-in as well because of the security issue.

Oracle has said they will have a fix out on Tuesday. In the meantime, you Safari and FF people can relax ... it's been turned off automatically for your protection.

Specs:
    Unless you're using Opera, everyone should be okay (Chrome doesn't work with Java 7 which in the case might finally be a good thing).
    Writing a Quality Post

Thread Information