New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

No user manual for Retina MBP on Apple's support site?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

xdunlapx

xdunlapx is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: cMBP 13" mid-2012, 2.9 ghz i7, 8gb ram, 256 gb SSD,

I'm wondering why they haven't released a user manual for the Retina MBP at the apple support area on their site. They have it for the previous MBP's and the Air's. I would think they would have put the user manual up when they put them up for sale.. Does it usually take a long time for them to be put on the site? I'm anticipating my first Retina MBP purchase in about a month so I'd like to read the info prior to buying it.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

No user manual per se but here's a great teardown of the Retina by the ifixit staff. Good reading that you might find interesting before buying:

LINK
QUOTE Thanks
xdunlapx

xdunlapx is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: cMBP 13" mid-2012, 2.9 ghz i7, 8gb ram, 256 gb SSD,

Thanks, chscag Nice teardown info. That doesn't determ me from buying one. I know that it can't be upgraded after the fact. I will buy applecare, for sure. I just don't know if I'm going to sell my dell or not. OR at least to attempt to sell it LOL! I may just keep it in a closet or somewhere to be sure that I have a working laptop should I need one if the retina mbp dies for whatever reason. It's always good to have a spare. Though there are two other laptop's in the house so hmm.. To sell or not to sell... Not like I'd get much money out of it. They sell form 100-250 used on ebay.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Imovie '08 eroor code -49 | Email »