New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Reveal open documents

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ldthompson

ldthompson is on a distinguished road

I used to be able to push my cursor to the upper right hand corner of the screen and everything that was open would be separated into smaller versions so I could choose what I wanted to work on.

Now, when I push my cursor to the upper RH corner, it just hides everything and clears the desktop. What happened and how can I set it up to work as it used to?

Thanks!
LD
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Without telling us anything about your machine -- you haven't even bothered to mention if it's a Mac, for heaven's sake -- there's not much we can do to help you. Our psychic helmets got lost in the mail (didn't see THAT comin'!)

What kind of machine do you have? What OS are you running? Did you upgrade anything recently?

That sort of thing (the more detail the better).
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Are you talking about Mission Control ??
The first Image ?

If so goto System Preferences and click Mission Control @nd image and then click Hot Corners bottom right and this will bring up The 3rd image. Make sure Mission Control is set as a Hot Corner.

HTH
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2012-06-04 at 8.48.18 AM.png (1.12 MB, 17 views)
File Type: png Screen Shot 2012-06-04 at 8.54.37 AM.png (80.5 KB, 17 views)
File Type: png Screen Shot 2012-06-04 at 8.54.53 AM.png (97.9 KB, 17 views)

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
toMACsh

toMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to all
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core 2 Duo

Good guess, but yeah, the more details the better. In an older OS, the "hot corner" settings are in the Expose System Preferences pane.
QUOTE Thanks
ldthompson

Drat! I assumed that everyone who used MacForums was on a Mac. But, alas, no assumptions allowed. I'm on a MacBook Pro running 10.5.8. I'm sure I've done a software update recently and I've run Disk Utility recently but no major upgrades.
Thanks!
LD
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldthompson View Post
Drat! I assumed that everyone who used MacForums was on a Mac. But, alas, no assumptions allowed. I'm on a MacBook Pro running 10.5.8. I'm sure I've done a software update recently and I've run Disk Utility recently but no major upgrades.
Thanks!
LD
99.99% of us are on Macs but there are a multiple of different types of Mac's and OS's. We ask for system specs so like me presuming your running the latest OS on the latest Mac doesn't happen. Cant remember Leopard as it was a while ago for me but i think toMACsh hit the nail on the head.
Head to System Preferences and you should be able to work out where you are at.

Cheers

Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
ldthompson

Thank you to all. It was in Desktop and Screen Savers.
LD
QUOTE Thanks
ldthompson

Desktop was chosen instead of All Windows so I changed it and now I'm good to go.
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

Nice outcome

Cheers

QUOTE Thanks
toMACsh

toMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to all
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core 2 Duo

Quote:
Thank you to all. It was in Desktop and Screen Savers.
LD
Quote:
Desktop was chosen instead of All Windows so I changed it and now I'm good to go.
Hmmm. Both posts made at the same time, or, within less than 1 minute. I'm surprised that the safeguards against "double posting" didn't kick in.

Anyway, if you want to add something to a post after you hit the submit button, there's an edit button, visible only to you, that allows you to change your post.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPhoto, iTunes, & iPhone/iPad Photo Albums | imac keypad »