criticular
    Typical switcher question(s)
    1. How do you select multiple files that aren't in a row? That is, not using shift, but the equivalent of ctrl for windows (hopefully someone knows what i'm talking about).

2. Also, how do you find out what rpm your hard drive is? The profiler doesn't give that information, maybe i'll do a search on the model or something...

Thanks

trix213
    im taking guesses here since i don't own a mac (yet) but i think u use the apple key.

as for your hd - if u got your pbook in the last lil while - it should be 5400 rpm.

criticular
    I read your reply, and I'm like, "great, a guy who doesn't own a mac tells me it's the apple key, how predictable."

Well it WAS the apple key.

I'm an idiot

lil
    I wouldn't think that and to save you getting confused, the 'Apple' key is also more commonly known as the command key, so if someone said to you, hold down command + option + escape, command would be the apple key.

Vicky

The home of the free and the land that did for Braveheart.
    Specs:
    24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs
    Quote Originally Posted by lil
    I wouldn't think that and to save you getting confused, the 'Apple' key is also more commonly known as the command key, so if someone said to you, hold down command + option + escape, command would be the apple key.
    And of course if one was using a non-Apple keyboard on a Mini they may not have an Apple key.

Strangely enough Microsoft wireless keyboards do have Apple specific keys printed on them.

Amen-Moses

sandals1621
    Quote Originally Posted by Amen-Moses
    And of course if one was using a non-Apple keyboard on a Mini they may not have an Apple key.

Strangely enough Microsoft wireless keyboards do have Apple specific keys printed on them.

Amen-Moses

and here I am using Apple Bluetooth keyboards and mice on my PC's

Specs:
    12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
    hey if you have to use a PC why not use a good keyboard and mouse

Apple, think different

trix213
    hey- just cuz i don't own a mac doesn't mean i don't use one. i use emacs at school =D

btw, did u figure out hd speed?

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by sandals1621
    and here I am using Apple Bluetooth keyboards and mice on my PC's
    The other day I was trying to re-activate Windoze XP after a mobo change but I couldn't find a PS/2 mouse for love nor money (where do they scamper off to? I used to have at least 3!). All I had was the USB2 Logitech wireless thingummy and that wouldn't work and as I had the screen up waiting for the reactivation code (a 48 digit number!) and a nice lady from Bombay waiting to give me said number (and as always happens in these situations I couldn't find a pen) I was loath to ditch the entire process whilst I went off to beg/steal/borrow a mouse.

Then it sort of occured to me that I had several clear plastic rodents sitting around my Apple machines so I grabbed one of them, plugged it in the USB socket of the PC and it worked perfectly, I was able to click the code entry box and type in the humungus number and reactivate my games machine.

Amen-Moses

Specs:
    Black Colorware PowerBook 1.67 GHz G4, 2 GB DDR2, 100GB 7200 RPM
    Quote Originally Posted by trix213
    hey- just cuz i don't own a mac doesn't mean i don't use one. i use emacs at school =D

btw, did u figure out hd speed?
    You could start by telling us what model computer you have. We could probably just tell you what HD you have based on that.
    'cause when it rains, you know it pours.

Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OSX10.11, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OSX10.11 , iPad Air, iPhone 3GS

Amen-Moses

Some Logitech keyboards also have the Mac symbols on the keys also.

trix213
    this was u wasn't it.

im sooo jealous.

liberal123
    The other day I was trying to re-activate Windoze XP after a mobo change but I couldn't find a PS/2 mouse for love nor money (where do they scamper off to? I used to have at least 3!). All I had was the USB2 Logitech wireless thingummy and that wouldn't work and as I had the screen up waiting for the reactivation code (a 48 digit number!) and a nice lady from Bombay waiting to give me said number (and as always happens in these situations I couldn't find a pen) I was loath to ditch the entire process whilst I went off to beg/steal/borrow a mouse.

Then it sort of occured to me that I had several clear plastic rodents sitting around my Apple machines so I grabbed one of them, plugged it in the USB socket of the PC and it worked perfectly, I was able to click the code entry box and type in the humungus number and reactivate my games machine.

Amen-Moses
    So if you had a keyboard plugged in, Why did you need a mouse? You can work a PC without a mouse, Keyboard navigation is easy enough once your used to it, Especially for window's installations!!!!

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by liberal123
    So if you had a keyboard plugged in, Why did you need a mouse? You can work a PC without a mouse, Keyboard navigation is easy enough once your used to it, Especially for window's installations!!!!
    Nope, the activation window doesn't have a shortcut so a mouse click is the only way to get the focus into the code entry bit. Trust me I tried everything!

(it should be a simple Tab key press to get to the next entry but that didn't work either)

Amen-Moses

Thread Information