New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

im switching...back....to the dark side :(

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

faboloso112

just recently bought my first mac(G3, 350mhz, 256mb, 40gb)...only to sell it(sale still pending) off in less than a month due to unexpected financial difficulties

i have decided though, my next mac will me one of the new imacs....if/when i can ever get enough cash for that.

ill still hang around the forums....but it sucks not having one....im macless now

heck i even had the mac osx86 but im taking the more legal path so after i tinkered w/ it for a while...i gott rid of that just a day or two ago so i dont even have that anymore

a moment of silence if you please

QUOTE Thanks
macanal

macanal can only hope to improve

Sorry to hear that dude!
I can't imagine not having my Mac or PC!
Really if you have both it like having 2 girlfriends the innocent, sophisticated, elegant, posh and cultured brunette and the dirty, nasty, kinky, blonde slappa!!
Really and certain times you want one or the other, and sometimes both
:doctor:
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Awww, but don't worry: You can pick up a cheap emac or older iMac somewhere down the line when things are looking better...
QUOTE Thanks
sandals1621

Install OSX on your winblows machine
QUOTE Thanks
faboloso112

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandals1621
Install OSX on your winblows machine
i could, but i got rid of the osx86 dvd. i've decided to not keep any bootleg stuff and stick with all legit software(when it comes to mac stuff that is i think their software is actually worth the money....unlike windows xp which is 200 bucks)

and yea, i could get a cheap emac/imac later on but i dont think i want to do that. i would much rather get a 17/20in imac. it would be nice to have a all in one sort of a package.

sigh...it just sucks though
im definitely pretty sad i have to let this thing go.

:: pats the G3:: sniff....ill never forget you little guy
QUOTE Thanks
faboloso112

Quote:
Originally Posted by macanal
Sorry to hear that dude!
I can't imagine not having my Mac or PC!
Really if you have both it like having 2 girlfriends the innocent, sophisticated, elegant, posh and cultured brunette and the dirty, nasty, kinky, blonde slappa!!
macanal i couldn't have put it better if i tried. that statement is so friggin true its not even funny.

mac = you keep on comin back to it because it offers quality OS,GUI,SOFTWARE
PC = you keep on going back to it because it offers QUANTITY when it comes to software(compatibility) and games
QUOTE Thanks
criticular

Quote:
Originally Posted by macanal

... so which one is the mac?
QUOTE Thanks
Amen-Moses

Location: The home of the free and the land that did for Braveheart.
Amen-Moses is just really niceAmen-Moses is just really niceAmen-Moses is just really niceAmen-Moses is just really nice
Mac Specs: 24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs

Quote:
Originally Posted by criticular
... so which one is the mac?
Well my Powermac is a sophisticated, elegant, posh, kinky blonde and my AMD 64 is definitely a dirty, nasty, brunette slappa.

I wouldn't call either innocent though. :p

Amen-Moses
QUOTE Thanks
dan828

dan828 is a jewel in the roughdan828 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iPad 32 GB 3G

Somehow, I suspect that your only girlfriends are your computers.

Just kidding.
QUOTE Thanks
john_

Quote:
Originally Posted by faboloso112
just recently bought my first mac(G3, 350mhz, 256mb, 40gb)...only to sell it(sale still pending) off in less than a month due to unexpected financial difficulties

i have decided though, my next mac will me one of the new imacs....if/when i can ever get enough cash for that.

ill still hang around the forums....but it sucks not having one....im macless now

heck i even had the mac osx86 but im taking the more legal path so after i tinkered w/ it for a while...i gott rid of that just a day or two ago so i dont even have that anymore

a moment of silence if you please

EEP, i know how that can be... ah well MAc will always be here waiting 4 ya
QUOTE Thanks
faboloso112

Quote:
Originally Posted by john_
EEP, i know how that can be... ah well MAc will always be here waiting 4 ya
thanks for the nice words guys. ya know at first this thread was meant as somewhat of a joke but the more i think about it, the more i realize im definitely going to miss this little guy. but i guess the positive side of this is that i have vowed to buy the first iMac(17-21 lcd ones) with a intel proc in it. then i can rid myself of my PC. have dual boot setup on the imac and use windows if/when i desperately need to.
QUOTE Thanks
BoA

BoA is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac G5, 17", 160 GB, 512RAM/ iPod 1gen, 15G/iPod video black

At least you can play Morrowind .

Can I ask, why don't you sell the PC and keep the mac ?
QUOTE Thanks
Amen-Moses

Location: The home of the free and the land that did for Braveheart.
Amen-Moses is just really niceAmen-Moses is just really niceAmen-Moses is just really niceAmen-Moses is just really nice
Mac Specs: 24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoA
At least you can play Morrowind .

Can I ask, why don't you sell the PC and keep the mac ?
At a guess I'd say it's because the PC wouldn't sell for much.

Amen-Moses
QUOTE Thanks
BoA

BoA is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac G5, 17", 160 GB, 512RAM/ iPod 1gen, 15G/iPod video black

^I guess they don't keep their resale value like Macs...
QUOTE Thanks
faboloso112

the reason im keeping my pc is because as you guys mentioned, id be loosing a lot more cash if i sold it. second, unfortunately, i DO game and i dont like console systems so im kinda stuck with the PC for now.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« G5 making clicking sound | slow startup »