New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

mobile me

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

confusedone

confusedone is on a distinguished road

how can i delete the mobile me drop down box in my iphotos everytime i try to import a photo the mobile me drop down box appears it's a nuisance even though i do not have an account with them
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

I've had a mobile me account for years and have no idea what you're talking about here. Screenshot?

The only thing I can guess is that iPhoto thinks you are trying to send photos to Mobile Me. Maybe you could explain a little better EXACTLY how you are "importing" photos into iPhoto?
QUOTE Thanks
confusedone

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
I've had a mobile me account for years and have no idea what you're talking about here. Screenshot?

The only thing I can guess is that iPhoto thinks you are trying to send photos to Mobile Me. Maybe you could explain a little better EXACTLY how you are "importing" photos into iPhoto?
I hope i am doing this correctly on the right page Thank you for your reply before
I have a usb stick full of photos that i was importing into a burn folder then into my iphotos so everytime i dragged a photo into my iphotos a small drop down box would appear saying
"MobileMe didn't recognise the stored password for "my name" account and then asks for a password I do not have a mobile me account do you know how i can stop that drop down box from appearing
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Ah. Okay.

You probably signed up for a trial MM account and forgot all about it (and it expired a long time ago). What's happening is that iPhoto is checking your accounts with various uploading services on startup.

If you're using a fairly recent version of iPhoto, you would go to iPhoto's preferences, Accounts, and look at the list of accounts (if any) you have. If you see Mobile Me listed there, click on it once to highlight it, and press the little "minus" key below the list of accounts. You'll be asked to confirm.

In this example I've previously used before, the "Facebook" account is circled, but you get the idea:

QUOTE Thanks
confusedone

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
Ah. Okay.

You probably signed up for a trial MM account and forgot all about it (and it expired a long time ago). What's happening is that iPhoto is checking your accounts with various uploading services on startup.

If you're using a fairly recent version of iPhoto, you would go to iPhoto's preferences, Accounts, and look at the list of accounts (if any) you have. If you see Mobile Me listed there, click on it once to highlight it, and press the little "minus" key below the list of accounts. You'll be asked to confirm.

In this example I've previously used before, the "Facebook" account is circled, but you get the idea:

Dear Chas_m, Thank you so very much for your advice i have followed your directions and now MobileMe account has disappeared off my iphotos there are no more drop down boxes I wish i knew that before i had to import my 700+ photos
QUOTE Thanks
confusedone

Dear Chas_m Thank you so very much for your advice i have followed your instructions and now MobileMe account has disappeared off my iphotos there are no more drop down boxes i wish i knew that before i had to import my 700+ photos :-)
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

Great! Glad to help!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mac applications and themes | iTunes Library Recovery »