New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Help migrating to a new iTunes

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

shmulibr

shmulibr is on a distinguished road

Hello,
I recently got a new mac and I'm having a trouble syncing my iPhone with regards to Apps.

I want to sync my Apps to my new iTunes while keeping my Apps-folder-structure exactly the was it's on my iPhone. While I did transfer all my purchases, including music, to the new computer, doing the same for my Apps has proven a difficult task. Whenever I was to sync my apps, iTunes shows me all me iPhone apps but not in their Folders, i.e. I would have to waste more time setting the apps exactly the was I want it to be
How can I fix that?

Note: I have successfully transfer all my music and the only thing that bugs me is the fact that I will need to organize all my apps on my iPhone (it will take a long time), if I do sync it. I do have all the files on my other pc computer, thus I can transfer any configuration file necessary to the new mac, if it will help.

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.9, iPhone5s, iPad Air, AppleTV2

If you transferred your iTunes library in it's entirety to your new Mac the phone layout, apps etc would be there.

Do you still have access to your old Mac to re-do the transfer? Because it sounds like you may have missed some parts.

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
shmulibr

shmulibr is on a distinguished road

Hey,
It's actually a PC and I have transfer the ipa files so I'm not missing any app. It's the way all my apps are organized on my iPhone that will be gone, if I'll sync.
The problem lies in the fact that I would have to work hard to reorganize apps and my folders. It's too much work.
So the question is, is there a configuration file I can transfer from my pc to my mac that will enable me to sync my apps so the Folder Structure on my iPhone remains after the sync?

Note that I have transfer my purchases from my iPhone. It doesn't solve the problem
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.9, iPhone5s, iPad Air, AppleTV2

Mac or PC, doesn't matter the transfer process is the same.

You move the whole folder and the two library files.

The ipa files are, as you say, just the apps.

If you look here:
iTunes: How to move your music to a new computer

Particularly the External drive part and make sure you have transferred all appropriate files. I suspect it's the library files that are the issue here

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« advice for switching from pc | Accidentally deleted contents of "Pictures" folder - is everything in iPhoto lost? »