New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Should I get an ipad ..or

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Geekbabe

Geekbabe has a spectacular aura about

I have a 13 inch 2011 MBA with the 128GB SSD, I'm tempted to get one of the new ipad's but am also tempted to buy a bigger SSD drive from OWC.

I'm really torn here.. part of me says to get the ipad & leave the MBA as it is because depending on what the next refresh offers I might sell it & upgrade.
QUOTE Thanks
CanuckBoater

CanuckBoater will become famous soon enough

Two different beasts.

If mobility or love of reading (Zinio or Kindle e-book) is a requirement, get Ipad
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

I have my MB, MBP, iMac, iPhone, and the newest edition the new iPad. I use my iPad when I'm lounging around at a friends house and while I'm in bed.

The others are used for school and work.

Depending on your computing needs you might be able to live without the MBA. I would do a test run before getting rid of the MBA all together.

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

Get the iPad.

If I were given just one wish it would be . . . that I could have three more wishes!
QUOTE Thanks
Mini_mi

Mini_mi is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2011 MacBook Air, i5 27" IMac, 2010 21.5" IMac, 2010 Mini, 2011 13" MBP, IPhone 4, Airport Extreme

I have the same MBA, you do and I purchased the third generation iPad, 3 weeks ago. No regrets.
QUOTE Thanks
Geekbabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRequiem View Post
I have my MB, MBP, iMac, iPhone, and the newest edition the new iPad. I use my iPad when I'm lounging around at a friends house and while I'm in bed.

The others are used for school and work.

Depending on your computing needs you might be able to live without the MBA. I would do a test run before getting rid of the MBA all together.
Oh I have no intentions of getting rid of my MBA unless of course it's to sell it & use the money towards purchasing a new one when the line gets a refresh.

The retina screen on the ipad tempts me, I blog & being able to work with pictures on such a screen would be very useful to me.
QUOTE Thanks
Geekbabe

Was just informed that a 16GB ipad 3 & smart cover is coming to me I'll let you know my impressions once it arrives!
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

Congrats. What do I have to do to get in on that heal? lol

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

Don't blame me if following this advice causes loss of data, a rip in space time allowing dinosaurs to roam free, or your significant other to leave.
QUOTE Thanks
Geekbabe

My new iPad arrived late yesterday and I can't tell you just how beautiful the screen on this device is. Text is so crisp and clear that reading the forums is like reading a magazine! Setup was a snap, I was up and running in minutes. Transitions are silky smooth, no apps force closing, no random reboots.

Oh and the voice dictation is simply amazing, I'm able to respond to emails, post in the forums, tweet & update Facebook all without typing! I am really pleased with the new iPad so far. If you have been debating about buying one don't hesistate, this device is wonderful, the screen quality alone makes it worth every penny!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Macbook custom adhesive? | Apple care vs best buy protection plans »