New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

transfer e-mail addresses from Outlook to contacts on iMAC

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

CapnFred

CapnFred is on a distinguished road

A few months ago I switched to a i MAC running MAC OS X Lion10.7.3 .Since I bought it I have been out of the state working on a new home that I was renovating. The only e-mail that I was involved with was with the immediate family so I was not doing any e-mail with anyone other than my immediate family. I just returned back home and wanted to add all my e-mail addresses to my contacts on my IMac from my address list on OUTLOOK 2010. Is this possible to do without having to actually type in each address? I hope there is someone on here that can help me. Thanks, CapnFred
QUOTE Thanks
CapnFred

CapnFred is on a distinguished road

A few months ago I switched to a i MAC running MAC OS X Lion10.7.3 .Since I bought it I have been out of the state working on a new home that I was renovating. The only e-mail that I was involved with was with the immediate family so I was not doing any e-mail with anyone other than my immediate family. I just returned back home and wanted to add all my e-mail addresses to my contacts on my IMac from my address list on OUTLOOK 2010. Is this possible to do without having to actually type in each address? I hope there is someone on here that can help me. Thanks, CapnFred
QUOTE Thanks
bboggess

bboggess has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: late 2011 mac Mini, 2.3 GHz core i5, 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3, Mountain Lion 10.8.4, Retina display iPad

Quick google search:

Import Your Outlook Contacts into the Mac OS X Mail Address Book

To import Outlook contacts in the OS X Address Book used by Mail:

Export your Outlook contacts to a CSV file called "ol-contacts.csv".
Copy the "ol-contacts.csv" file to your Mac.
Launch Address Book on your Mac.
Select File | Import | Text file... from the menu.
Search for and double-click the "ol-contacts.csv" file.
Make sure Ignore first card is checked.
Look for E-Mail Address in the ol-contacts.csv column.
Click Do not import in the Address Book column's corresponding field.
Select Email (work), Email (home) or Email (other).
Optionally, map the ol-contacts.csv's Email 2 Address and Email 3 Address as well.
Click OK.

How to Import Your Outlook Contacts into the Mac OS X Mail Address Book - About Email

Bill
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, iPhone 4, 3 iPods, OS X 10.9.2

Please do not cross post. You posted in both "Switcher and the Lounge". Only one post is necessary - also, the Lounge is the wrong forum. Posts have been merged together here.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iCloud | Using itunes with a san disk mp3 player »