New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

iphoto problem

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

tinlizzy2

tinlizzy2 is on a distinguished road

When I select photos from an event and then try to move them into an album or folder, the selection (those yellow boxes around the photos) goes away as soon as I click to drag them into the album or folder. I can move one at a time, but when you have 30 or more photos to move, it is a lengthy process that seems unnecessary. Does anyone know why this happens and how to fix it? Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
J.Fo

J.Fo is a jewel in the roughJ.Fo is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac, late 2012 model, 21"

Just to be sure, you are clicking on one of the selected pictures, right? Also, are clicking and holding when you drag them into the album or folder? These may seem like dumb questions, but you should be able to select multiple pictures and move them all into a folder or album just like you'd move multiple files at once in the Finder.

QUOTE Thanks
MightyGem

MightyGem is a jewel in the roughMightyGem is a jewel in the roughMightyGem is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. White MacBook, 10.8.5. iPhone 3GS.

I had this problem a couple of months back. iPhoto was working fine, and then this problem started. I could select one photo and drag it to an Album, or out into Finder. If I selected more than one, nothing would happen, not even the "ghost image" you get when you drag photos.

I tried all sorts of things, you can read below, and then just as it arrived, the problem went away.
https://discussions.apple.com/message/17384597#17384597
QUOTE Thanks
MightyGem

MightyGem is a jewel in the roughMightyGem is a jewel in the roughMightyGem is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. White MacBook, 10.8.5. iPhone 3GS.

Got the answer from a mag I subscribe to. It's caused by a missing or damaged Helvetica font, because the OS uses Helvetica to write the number of photos that you are trying to move. Go into Font Book and dis-able then re-enable Helvetica.

During the time I was having this problem, I was getting error messages from Pages telling me that Helvetica was missing. I did the Font book thing and the messages stopped. This is what obviously cured the iPhoto problem without my knowledge.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Need to convert iso file so that I can use on my iphone and macbook | Top X Free AntiVirus for OS X - 2012 »